Everyone loves to have shining, pearly-white teeth and hate when they start yellowing. While the former adds to the beauty of your face, the latter results in embarrassment and even gives out a wrong impression about your hygiene. It is very easy to get pearl-white teeth, but maintaining them in the same form can prove to be quite a difficult task. This is mainly because of the lifestyle people are indulging in, in the present times. Almost everyone consume foods and beverages that result in stains. In such circumstances, keeping the teeth white can be tricky. In order to help you know how to keep your teeth white, go through the tips given in the lines below.
Keeping Your Teeth White
- One of the most effective ways to keep your teeth white would be to prepare toothpaste from baking soda, lime and salt. Make sure you just add a few drops of lime; else the acid may harm the enamel of your teeth. Use this paste to brush your teeth. It would help maintain their shiny and white color.
- Strawberries are natural bleaching agents. Start having loads of them to keep your teeth shining white.
- Include lots of vegetables, like cucumbers, broccoli, carrots and raw sweet potatoes, in your diet. This would help dissolve the molecules that will cause deep stains.
- Rinsing the teeth with a mouthwash every time you have food is an effective way to keep your teeth white. It does not let the deep stains stay, thereby maintaining the shine.
- Another option would be to chew sugarless gum right after meals. This would help you keep your teeth white.
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day - once in the morning and once before going to bed at night. Use whitening toothpaste once or twice a week to remove surface stains and prevent yellowing. For the rest of the time, use regular toothpaste.
- Avoid drinking stain-mongering beverages, like tea, coffee and cold drinks. Instead of having them directly, use a straw. It helps the drink bypass the teeth and gums and cuts down on your chances of having dingy teeth.
- Avoid sugary foods between meals. They tend to add to the build-up on the teeth, leading to their yellowing.
- Go for touch up treatments every year. This would help keep your teeth clean and shining. The people who regularly smoke, drink or consume stain-causing beverages require the touch up treatment every 6 months.