For those who are wondering what is fertility, let us make it clear that we are not talking about any agricultural crop here. Instead, by fertility, we are referring to a couple’s chances of conceiving. For a couple to conceive, it is important for both the partners to be fertile at the same time. For a woman, it is important for her to produce viable eggs during the monthly cycle, while for a man, it is necessary to produce strong and healthy sperms. However, at times there are delays in attaining pregnancy, which puts couples under distress. In case you are facing the same problem, some external adjustments can help you improve your fertility within some time. Interested in exploring more? Go through the following tips and know how to increase your fertility.
Tips To Improve Your Fertility
Know Ovulating Time
One of the best ways to enhance your fertility is to know the time when the woman is ovulating and try to have intercourse during that time. For this, the following methods come handy:
- Keep a track of your normal body temperature. Whenever the ovaries are about to release an egg, the basal temperature of your body will rise. This is one of the best times for you to try to conceive.
- You can resort to rhythm method, which states the fertile period of a woman’s cycle.
- Keep track of your cervical mucus, which is yet another indication of your fertile period.
- Avoid having intercourse in sitting, standing or woman-on-top positions. This enhances the chances of semen leakage. Instead, go for missionary position or rear entry, which will enable the male partner to deposit the semen closer to the cervix.
- At times, leakage of semen is also the reason for not conceiving. To keep any extra semen from leaking out, elevate your hips for about 15 minutes after having sex.
- The right kind of diet also helps in enhancing fertility. Underweight or overweight women find it difficult to become pregnant, as inappropriate body fat lays an impact on the production of sex hormones.
- Include vitamins and minerals in your diet, such as Vitamin C, Zinc, Calcium and Vitamin D. This will boost your reproductive system.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and xenoestrogens, as they reduce the chances of conception to half.
- As per research, women who drink at least 2 cup of tea everyday nearly double their odds of conceiving, due to the antioxidants present in it.
- Studies have shown that women who have higher milk consumption have decreased fertility. This is mainly because the presence of galactose, a sugar in milk, is found in high concentrations in infertile women.
- Marijuana intake is strictly prohibited for men, who want to have a family. It is believed that marijuana decreases the fertility in men, by having a negative effect on sperm production in the testis. It also decreases sperm motility and inhibits the release of enzymes that let sperm penetrate the egg.
- You can even try some healthy exercises, such as swimming, cycling and walking, along with a nutritional diet, to boost your fertility. These low impact aerobic workouts help in burning off excess body fat, allowing hormone levels to return to normal.
- The herb, chasteberry, helps in stimulating the pituitary gland, which is responsible for producing sex hormones like estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
- Dong Quai is a Chinese fertility herb. This herb helps in balancing the estrogen levels in the body, thereby improving the chances of implantation. It has also been found useful in treating menstrual difficulties.