Carpets and rugs help in imparting a warm and inviting look to the house. They look good and also help keep the house warm in winters. The only problem with them is that if by any chance, they end up getting soiled; you have to spend a lot of time and effort in the cleaning process. One of the worst scenarios that you can imagine in case of carpets is dropping of wax over them, especially the dyed one. You must be thinking that you will have to spend hours in cleaning up the mess. Wait! We have provided an easy and less time-consuming procedure to help you in getting wax out of your carpet. Just follow the tips given below and get a clean, spotless carpet once again.
How to Get Wax out of Carpet
Use the steps given below to get wax out of your carpet, including candle wax.
- Before starting on all cleaning, try to pick off as much wax from the carpet, as possible. You can also make use of a knife, for the purpose.
- After you are done with the knife, chill the wax with ice. This will help you pick off more of the wax.
- Now, cover the area of the carpet, soiled with wax, with a paper bag or piece of newspaper.
- Take your iron and turn its heat to the lowest setting and then heat it.
- Apply the iron over the paper bag/newspaper.
- If you do not have an iron, use a hair dryer over the paper bag.
- As you use the iron/hair dryer, the wax will slowly begin to melt and start seeping into the paper.
- Change the paper after a few seconds and repeat the procedure till all of the wax is absorbed and gets removed from the carpet.
- In case the wax was dyed, you will find your carpet stained with the color. Apply rubbing alcohol over the stain and wipe off the dye with the help of a clean paper towel.
- After cleaning the carpet with rubbing alcohol, rinse the area with clean water.
- Finally, dry the carpet immediately by turning on the fan in the room. This will help minimize the risk of staining.