How To Get Tan
Vitamin D is an important nutrient that helps reduce the risk of various forms of cancer. Since the nutrient cannot be produced by the human body, the best way to absorb it is to expose yourself to sunrays.Tanning is a process that helps the human body absorb the sunshine nutrient - Vitamin D. While going on a hot sunny day, to get your skin tanned, chances of sunburn cannot be ruled out. However, tanning under the sun can give you a beautiful bronze glow, without causing significant damage to the skin, provided you take all the necessary precautions. With the tips given in this article, you will know more on tanning outdoors.
Outdoor Tanning Tips
- Sunscreen Lotion
- After-sun Lotion
- Before going out for a tan, ensure that you are aware of your skin type. This is because not every type of skin can withstand the heat well.
- Make sure you do not tan during the hottest hours in the day. Avoid sunbathing between 11 am and 3 pm.
- Choose the sunscreen lotion/cream/gel that is suitable for your complexion as well as skin type. If you are fair, you will need a sunscreen with high level of SPF, because light skin is more prone to sunburns. On the other hand, a low SPF sunscreen will be suitable if your complexion is dark.
- Rub the sunscreen lotion thoroughly on your skin. Make sure that the backs of your knees, elbows and ankles are not left out.
- Wear light colored clothes while tanning outdoors. Light and airy clothes will help reflect the light and keep your body cool.
- Protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses that have UV protection.
- You may wear a hat to protect your hair from getting damaged due to the heat of sunrays.
- If you want to get your face tanned, place slices of cucumber on your eyes instead of wearing sunglasses.
- Do not lie in the sun for several hours continuously. Get up to cool off yourself after every half an hour. You may either take a dip in the swimming pool or settle down under the shade, before going back to sunbathing.
- To avoid dehydration, drinks lots of water when you are tanning.
- To have a lasting tan, moisturize your skin by applying after-sun lotion.
How to Cite