If it is the recent fashion statement that you are looking for, something that is very latest in the fashion world, it has got to be the very stylish, the very elegant lip stains. They are regarded as the fresh alternative to lipsticks and lip gloss and are increasingly gaining popularity among cosmetic brands and fashion houses. They have already started their lip stain lineups and new shades and hues are emerging every day, for the masses to purchase. Some of the major cosmetic brands that have launched their latest shades in this line are ‘Just Bitten’ lip stain range by Revlon, Laura Mercier lip stain range, Tarte Rise & Shine Plumping Lip Stain, Urban Decay Lip Envy and so on.
Lip stains are sometimes marketed as cheek stains and washes as well, since they add a gorgeous flush when applied to the cheeks, in the right way. Moreover, they do not make your lips coated and sticky and can last for a very long period. Some of these shades come along with gloss that you can apply along with stain and give your lips a fuller and plumper appearance. However, there is a definite technique and procedure to apply these stains. To help you know how to get stained lips, we have provided some tips in the lines below. So, get ready for the hot look of the season and woo the world with your sensuous and intense lips.
How To Stain Your Lips
- The first and the foremost step prior to applying lip stains comprises of carefully exfoliating the lips. You can do this by wetting a toothbrush and covering it with some regular sugar. Put some lip balm over your lips and start with the process of carefully exfoliating your lips. Make sure that you don’t apply excess pressure on your lips, as the skin around the area is very sensitive.
- Once done with the exfoliation, remove the balm and sugar from your lips, by using a smooth wet cloth. You can also use ice cold water for the purpose.
- The next step involves the actual application of the stain. Select a stain that compliments your skin tone and does not look too bright and loud. The easiest stain to use is the one that comes in the form of a marker, like the Stila Mango Crush Cheek and Lip Stain or the Bourjois Lip Stain Pen.
- You can start off by first outlining the natural contour of your lips, just like the way you do when you use a lip-liner pencil.
- Once done, fill in the entire lip using the stain. You can add several layers of the stain, depending on the depth of the color you want on your lips.
- Stains require some time to dry completely, during which the color actually seeps inside, giving a deep and more natural shade.
- If you want added shine, you can top the stain with your favorite shade of lip balm or lip gloss.
- In case you suffer from parched lips and want to conceal them, you can apply a lip balm around 15 to 20 minutes before applying the stain. This will give a smooth non-sticky look.