It is very embarrassing for people to have pimple scarring particularly when it is a long lasting case. These scars are actually the results of an inflamed lesion caused by the accumulation of dead skin cells, excess oil and bacteria on the surface of the skin. As a result of this, the pore gets inflamed leading to a break in the wall of the follicle. The magnitude and the severity of the lesion depend on this rupture of the follicle. If this is close to the surface of the skin, the lesion is regarded as minor and can be easily treated. However, if there is a deep break in the wall, the lesion is regarded as severe and may even lead to the destruction of the adjoining healthy skin tissue. Fortunately, it is not that difficult to get rid of these scar marks. All you need to do is follow some simple and easy skin care routine. Read on to get some simple tips to cure blemishes and scars resulting from acne.
Tips To Heal Pimple Scarring
- First and foremost, strictly avoid the pricking or squeezing of the pimple. This will lead to the further aggravation of the condition and the spread of the bacteria to the surrounding areas. If the pricking continues, it can also lead to the formation of deep scars which are very difficult to get rid of.
- Proper hydration of the skin is very essential to remove all the metabolites or waste matter and bring that inner glow. This also helps to remove any scars or blemish present on the surface of the skin. Hence, make it a point to drink plenty of water and fluids.
- Frequent cleaning of the skin using a mild soap or an acne remover devoid of harsh chemicals can aid a lot in the removal of scar marks. Use a gentle exfoliating cream and remove by using a moist pad or a washcloth. Always keep in mind that the cream should be applied in a gentle manner. Rubbing too hard can damage your skin by sapping it of its own natural oils.
- To reduce the pain and inflammation associated with acne and prevent further complications like scars, dab some ice pack at a frequent interval of about 30 minutes and hold the pack for about 2 minutes per session.
- If it is immediate relief that you are looking for, then nothing could be better than a concealer for covering those hideous scar marks.
- Ointments or lotions containing salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide are very effective in curing blemishes and pimple marks. However, one has to be very careful in using such products if one has sensitive skin as both of these ingredients have a tendency to dry skin.
- Make it a point to apply oil free makeup whenever possible as such products cause reduced pore block-ups that would have otherwise caused blemishes and scars.
- Every night, before going to bed, remove and cleanse your face properly following a regular skin care routine. This helps to remove dirt, oil and makeup from within the skin.
- Pimple scarring can be reduced to a great extent by massaging Vitamin E oil in the affected area. The recommended way to apply this oil is by using small circular motion on the surface of the skin.
- EFAs or essential fatty acids help to heal and protect the skin from pimple related damage like scarring. It is for this reason that almond oil or jojoba oil is recommended for healing pimple scarring.