Pigeons are lovely creatures, but only as long as they stay outside your house or you bring them home as pets. If, by any chance, wild pigeons manage to gain an entry into your house, you can be sure that they will not be less than a nuisance. Not only can they become a pest, but may also bring dangerous diseases inside your house. In such a case, it is very necessary for you to get rid of them. However, before attempting any such step, make sure that you are aware of the steps that need to be taken for getting rid of the pigeons. In order to help you out in the task, we have provided a number of tips in the lines below.
Getting Rid of Pesky Pigeons
- Take steps to ensure that your house does not look attractive to the pigeons. For the purpose, dry up any standing water. No water means no stoppage for the pigeons, thus preventing them from coming in the first place.
- Another preventive measure that you need to take is removal of any food items that might be luring the pigeons. It is very important to keep the surrounding of your house clean and tidy. The presence of even the smallest amount of food particles would make it a home for the pigeons.
- In case the pigeons have arrested your house, it becomes very crucial for you to find out the place where they nest. Once you have found the same, remove the nest and cover the area properly.
- Remember, attics and roof gutters are the most common places where pigeons tend to nest. Secure them properly, to discourage pigeons from returning to your property.
- Using live traps is the best way to get rid of pigeons, without spending a fortune. For the purpose, you need to bait the area for some days. When the pigeon gets used to the bait, use the pigeon motel or trap, leaving the door open. Chances are that the pigeon would fall in the trap, thereby marking an end to your problem. Now, release it far away from your place.
- You can also go for bird netting around your house. Install a stainless steel wire bird mesh to prevent pigeons from roosting at typical sites. Though it might not be a pocket-friendly technique, it is sure one of the most effective ways to get rid of pigeons. Bird netting can be hung under eves, in lofts, and anywhere where pigeons roost.
- Another effective way to get rid of pigeons attacking your property would be to install metal spikes or wires. The metal strips helps in relocating the pigeons to other place, thereby helping you getting rid of them immediately.
- With the technology improving, there are a number of repellents found in the market that claim to do away with the insects and birds. Get a chemical known as pigeon repellent, to remove pigeons from a specific area.
- You can even go for bird scares or big alarms that claim to get rid of the pigeons. While some have audible alarm, there are others that not only have audio alarm, but also visual deterrent.
- If you feel that nothing seems to be working, it is the time to secure the services of a pest control specialist, who will ensure that you get rid of the pigeons from your place.