Normally, people take utmost care of their face, but tend to ignore their neck, especially when it comes to wrinkles. But the truth is, the neck can wrinkle as much as the face, reason being the neck skin is very thin. Also, it is prone to damage from sun, tanning beds and other light rays. The chances of formation of neck wrinkles increases with age and the skin on the area starts to sag. The best way to heal neck wrinkles is to make healthy alterations in your diet and indulge in the right exercises. Exercises increase blood circulation and maintain the flow of oxygen to the tissues. Another good way to remove wrinkles is to get a surgical face-lift, but it is pretty expensive and can have side effects as well. Read on to explore tips on how to get rid of neck wrinkles.
How To Remove Of Neck Wrinkles
- Avoid smoking and if possible, leave the habit permanently. Smoke destroys and discolors your skin, including the neck skin. One of the best ways to get rid of wrinkles is to live in a smoke-free area. Also avoid excess amounts of alcohol and any sort of street/ recreational drugs.
- Overexposure to the sun causes burning, discoloration, and sagging of the skin, along with wrinkles and makes you look like a chunk of over-treated leather. Apply UVA/ UVB protection sunscreen on your neck every time you go outdoors.
- Often, we cleanse and moisturize our face, but tend to overlook the neck. Keep your neck skin hydrated and moisturized to plump it up and get rid of the wrinkles. You can use a moisturizer with Vitamin E or age-fighting properties.
- Just as our face is exposed to dirt, grit and grime, our neck too is affected by these factors, whicht make the skin discolor and an uneven skin tone is formed. Wash your neck frequently, along with your face, to reduce the appearance of wrinkles naturally.
- Exfoliate your neck to remove dead skin cells that collect at the skin creases. This will help the skin regenerate new cells at a faster rate and make it smooth and clear. It will minimize the appearance of wrinkles, allowing healthy skin to shine through.
- Too many pillows under your head can increase the creasing in your neck. rather, use a single pillow that is enough to provide support to your neck. This will minimize the neck wrinkles.
- Place the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth as far back as possible, to tighten your chin, jaw, throat and neck automatically. This exercise will help to correct a droopy chin, a weak jaw and a wrinkled neck.
- Stretch your chin up high and thrust it forward hard. At the same time, pull your head back as far as possible. Repeat this backward and forward several times. This will firm up your chin, neck and throat.
- Turn your head to your left and touch your chin to your shoulder. Turn your head back to the center position and repeat it on the right side. Repeat this firming exercise several times in a day.
- Point your chin towards the ceiling and with your mouth closed, drop your lower jaw as far as you can. You should be able to feel the tendons in your neck stretch. Hold the position for a slow count of 10 and repeat 3 times. This exercise will eliminate your double chin, smooth out neck wrinkles and strengthen a weak jaw.