Corns can be described as painful build-ups of the skin, usually noticed either on the soles of the feet or over the joints of the toes. They are mainly the result of wearing shoes that fit too tight, which leads to excessive pressure on a particular area and results in a build-up. Though corns are not life-threatening, they can be pretty painful for a person. Corn pads are available in the market, which help in the getting rid of the corns. However, their effectiveness is open to question. Apart from that, there are a number of home remedies that can help you remove the corns from your toes, if you follow them regularly for a couple of days. To know how to get rid of corns naturally, read the tips given below.
Home Remedies to Remove Corns
- Apply raw Papaya juice on the corn, 2-3 times in a day.
- Powder chalk and add water to it, to form a paste. Apply on the corn, just before going to bed.
- Powder licorice and add mustard or gingili oil to it, to form a paste. Apply on the corn, 2-3 times a day.
- Put essential oils, lemon, tangerine, etc, on the corn, 2-3 times in a day.
- Apply cider vinegar on the corn and after a few minutes, follow with tea tree oil.
- Apply the milky juice of green figs on the corn, on a daily basis.
- Tape a fresh lemon slice over the corn and leave overnight.
- Soak your feet in warm water for a few minutes, on a daily basis. When the corn gets dried, rub it away with a pumice stone.
- Touch the corn with a toothpick soaked in castor oil.
- Soak a small piece of cloth in vinegar and bind it on the toe. Leave it on for 24 hours.
- Cut a square from the peel of a fresh pineapple and place its inside directly on the corn. Attach with a band-aid or tape and leave overnight.
- Soak the affected area in warm sugar-milk, the quantity of sugar enough to give milk a grainy feel.
- Rub castor oil on the affected area, for 2-3 minutes, twice a day.
- Brew a cup of chamomile tea and make it strong. Dip a cotton ball in the tea and dab it on the corn. Cover it with an adhesive bandage and leave overnight.
- Soak the affected toe in unfiltered apple cider vinegar, for 10 minutes. Cover with duct tape and leave overnight.