Chin fat or double chin is the bane of ageing and obesity. Not only does it look ugly but it can also have several health consequences in extreme situations. The fat depositions around the chin region can make you look like a neck less brute, which is sure to complement your obese physique. However, leaving the discomfort aside, chin fat will always ensure that you get the second look, which will not be a positive one. It will also look like a display wall for your age. As such, reducing chin fat should be your utmost concern. And for that you must prepare your mind first of all. Because, to reduce the chin fat, you must work on your entire body. Unless you clear the body of fat, the chin fat will remain in their entire glory. Even if you reduce the level of fat in your chin, it will bounce back, if your body remains in its obese state. So, you should follow all those things that are required to bring your body back in shape like, reducing the calorie intake, exercising and maintaining a routine lifestyle. This may sound too much of a trouble but once you are free of the chin fat; you will find the trouble worth it. To help you in this, go through the article given below to know the various tips on getting rid of chin fat.
Tips On Getting Rid Of Chin Fat
- Sit on a chair keeping the back and head straight. Now tilt the head far back and pull down the neck skin with the collarbone. Hold that position while bringing the lower jaw forward with the lips pressed together. Keep that position for 2 seconds and then release. Repeat this exercise for 30 repetitions every day. This exercise is very good to stretch the neck muscles and skin.
- Lie on the back keeping the legs straight and the hands near the thighs. Press the chin towards your chest and hold it for 2 seconds. Then slowly take the head back. Do this exercise for 25 repetitions every day.
- Again, lie on your back with the legs straight and the hands near your thighs. Lift the head up with the chin pointing outward and hold that position for 2 seconds. Slowly release the pressure and then bring the head down. This exercise should be done for 30 repetitions daily, so that you will feel the neck skin stretch.
- The exercises should be done in such a way that the rhythm of your breath is the same as the rhythm of your movement.
- The diet should be proper to get rid of the fat in the chin.
- Limit the calorie intake so that the neck does not have to store the excess fat.
- Instead of junk food, make fruits, salad, and whole wheat the mainstay of your diet. The foods you eat should be low in calorie.
- This should be the last resort if all the other methods fail.
- In liposuction, the fat is drained from the chin area.
- This method is very expensive and sometimes risky. There are chances of blood clot, infection, and even heart attack.
- Liposuction is also not a permanent method and if the calorie intake is not reduced, the chin fat can bounce back.
- Sit in the correct posture with the back straight and the jaw jutted slightly out. This will ensure that the jaw muscles stay tight without letting the body fat to accumulate in the chin. Ergonomic chairs are very good for maintaining the correct posture.
- Chew sugar-free gum throughout the day so that the jaw muscles are in constant exercise. The movement of the facial muscles will burn out the excess fat.