As if acne on the face was not bad enough, now you have it sprouting all over your chest as well. Ugly and irritating, if untreated, it has the tendency to proliferate. It is also a cause for embarrassment. The causes of chest acne are the same as that of the face, i.e. it occurs due to the secretion of excess sebum and the blockage of the follicles. This provides the perfect atmosphere for the proliferation of the bacteria, Propionibacterium acnes, which causes the red inflammation that is characteristic of acne. Unlike the face, since the chest remains covered (at least in this part of the world), brushing with the cloth can worsen it. So, whenever possible, it is better to leave it free of any friction. All the available medical treatments take at least three months to cure acne, so stay away from all the ‘two week cure’ promise. However, natural remedies are very effective in treating chest acne. Also, they are better than the medical treatment. If you are also looking for tips on how to get rid of acne, read on.
Tips For Getting Rid Of Chest Acne
- Peel and cut an apple and a cucumber and blend them in one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of yogurt. Apply this mixture on the chest and after half an hour, wash off with warm water.
- Mix nettle and rosemary in warm water and have a bath with the same. Use it regularly to successfully control acne.
- Take two tablespoons of lemon juice and mix one tablespoon of fresh yeast into it. Apply it over the chest and when it dries, wash off with warm water.
- Mix sandalwood with neem powder, along with rose water and apply it on the chest. Leave overnight and wash in the morning.
- Cook a cup of oatmeal, apply it all over the chest and leave it for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash it later, with cold water.
- Take one cup of water and add five to six holy basil leaves in it. Set for boiling and when it does, add two tablespoons of tea. Boil for another ten minutes. Now, soak a piece of clean cloth in it and dab the chest with the solution.
- Put some lettuce leaves in warm water and leave overnight. Use this water to wash your chest.
- Clean the skin on your chest regularly, with apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- Powder some bay leaves and boil them in water. Set them to cool and then apply over the chest.
- To relieve irritation, use lavender boiled in water. Apply it over the acne on your chest. You can also use lavender paste.
- Take two tablespoons of avocado paste and mix it in water. Apply it to the chest and leave for some minutes. Wash it off with water, later on.
- Mix lemon juice and rose water. Soak a piece of cotton in the solution and dab the entire chest with it. Leave for twenty minutes and then wash off. Use regularly for greater effect.
- Drink plenty of carrot or cucumber juice. You can also apply cucumber juice on the acne.
- Apply egg whites on the chest and leave for a few hours. Wash later on, with lukewarm water.
- Mix two tablespoons of white sugar and one tablespoon of brown sugar and rub on the chest, after wetting it. Wash later on.
- Mix one tablespoon of yogurt, one tablespoon of sour cream, and one tablespoon of ground oatmeal in four drops of lemon juice. Apply on the chest and wash it off after sometime.