Odor of cat urine is very unpleasant. However, because you love your cat so much, you just have to bear it. We are here to help you out. We would provide you some tips and a remedy which would help you in dealing with the dilemma – ‘How to get rid of cat odor?’
Tips for Removing Cat Odor
- Purchase quality products from pet stores which would neutralize cat odor. Good products would not only remove the stain but also get rid of foul smell.
- You have to completely get rid of the smell because the cat may still smell where it urinated attracting it to pee in the same area again.
- Ensure that the litter box is clean. If the cats’ regular watering hole isn’t neat and clean, it would do the task somewhere else. Cats would like to pee on a clean place.
- Avoid ammonia based cleaners. These cleaners have a similar smell to cat urine and would prompt the cat to pee on the same spot. Use products which are devoid of ammonia.
- Never use strong chemicals for removing cat odor. These would not only ruin your property but would also be harmful to your family’s health. Use chemicals which would have little negative effect.
- Always keep the place of your residence as clean as possible. May be it would encourage your cat to help you in keeping the place tidy!
Here is a nice Home Remedy for cat urine smell. Start by blotting up the urine with old rags or paper towels. Mix three parts water with one part vinegar and saturate the spot. Dry the place thoroughly using the same method. Thereafter sprinkle the area with baking soda. Now mix three-fourth cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution with one table spoon dish detergent and sprinkle over the baking soda. Experiment with the solution first on a small inconspicuous area of the carpet to make sure the hydrogen peroxide won’t discolor your carpet. Now work the baking soda in using an old hairbrush. After it dries, vacuum it up. Cat odor would vanish.