Many of us bear unsightly dark / black spots on the skin just below the eyes, which mars our entire appearance. But thankfully just as there are varied reasons behind the occurrence of black spots or even dark circles under the eyes, there are as many remedies available too. However in order for a remedy / treatment to prove effective, it is important that you first recognize the cause behind the occurrence of black spots under your eyes.
The following reasons may be responsible for the formation of black spots under the eye:
- Black spots below the eyes develop when hormones start secreting surplus oil in the facial pores. When this oil is unable to get discharged out from the pore in a proper flow, it (i.e. the oil along with the build-up of dead cells) ends up clogging up the pore. This causes the particular kind of bacteria thriving in the pore to multiply and due to this, the skin becomes inflamed. The result is a pimple or black spot on the skin.
- These black spots under the eye could also be fallout of the collection of a brown pigment lipofuscin present in the facial cells. Lipofuscin is what remains post the breakdown and absorption of damaged blood cells in the skin. Black spots under the eye due to this particular reason are more common in aged people.
- Dark or black spots / circles under the eye could also happen because of acne. Acne is the result of modifications in the sebaceous glands of our skin that constructs surplus of fat. This block up the skin pores causing white heads, pimples, dark / black spots, etc.
Remedies for Dark Spots / Circles under the Eye
People adhere to various kinds of remedies or treatments for getting rid (temporarily and permanently) of black spots / circles from under the eye region. Some of these remedies are as follows:
- A good temporary solution to black spots / circles under the eye is by using a little bit of under-eye concealer. However, one has to careful about choosing a color that matches one’s natural skin tone.
- One can take up facial exercises which will assist in toning and firming the face. This will improve the blood circulation in the facial region, thus enhancing the texture of the skin too. Taking up facial exercise is an option suitable for people of all ages and walks of life.
- Black- brown facial spots, otherwise called solar lentigenes, age-spots, liver spots and hyper-pigmentation, can be easily got rid of through laser treatments.
- Some people also take help of scar or dark circles / spots removal creams to make the facial skin look healthy and radiant. However, it is pertinent to consult a dermatologist before using a particular cream.
Home Remedies for Black Spots / Circles under Eye
- Mix together ½ teaspoon lemon juice and glycerin and apply it on the black spots / circles under the eye
- Make a paste out of turmeric and curry leaves. Apply it on the face and wash it after 10 minutes.
- People also make a paste out of mehndi and turmeric. In this a small piece of turmeric as well as just two-three leaves of mehndi is used. Apply on face and wash off after 10 minutes.
- Crush 100 grams each of dried basil leaf, neem and mint. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and rose water to turn the mixture into a paste form and then apply the same on the black spots under the eye.
- Make a fine paste out of betel leaf, add little coconut oil to it and then apply the mixture on the black spots. Wash after 15 minutes.
- Make paste out of saffron and little honey. Apply the mixture over the face to do away with black spots/ circles under the eye region.