No one wants to see those dreaded age spots slowly taking over your ‘once smooth and flawless’ skin. More so because age spots are associated with old age and no one wants to grow old when they least expect it. Neither can they be called as freckles nor are they moles. Thus, getting rid of facial age spots becomes all the more confusing. Age spots can appear on face, neck, chest, hands, etc. making you look ugly and dull. Several causes may be attributed to it, including prolonged exposure to the sun and also your genes. Read these tips given below on how to get rid of age spots on face.
Tips to Get Rid of Age Spots on Face
- Exposure to the sun is one of the primary causes for age spots. Thus, reduce going out in the sun, especially when it is the strongest. If it is inevitable, wear full sleeve clothes and cover yourself up with light fabric as much as you can. Use a sunscreen that has SPF 30 to protect yourself from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Though the spots are harmless and definitely painless, they cause much of mental stress due to the fact your skin looks dull and damaged. So go for regular skin care routine at a good salon or visit a dermatologist to know which treatment would be the best for you.
- You can use a fade cream or a typical anti-aging skin cream, which contains a skin bleaching agent. The efficiency of the cream depends on the quantity of the skin bleaching agent present in the cream. If the quantity is too small, consider switching to some other brand. Over a period of time, the spots will become less noticeable.
- In case you are looking for an instant result, you can go for a treatment called chemical peel. In this, a certified professional will apply a thin layer of glycolic acid, which on peeling will remove the outer layers of skin, including the age spots. However, you may need more than just one treatment for a good permanent solution.
- You may also consider going for a laser treatment in case you are skeptical of chemicals and want a better solution. The laser resurfacing removes the age spots by removing the surface layer of the skin in the affected area. Though it is very effective, it can be very costly.
- If you have spent a lot of money in getting rid of the age spots, you wouldn’t want them to come back at any cost. Your best bet would be to use homemade products and face packs to keep your skin fresh and glowing and also apply sunscreen and anti-aging moisturizer regularly in order to retain that beautiful glow!