Don’t you feel just miserable when you look at all those photographs of gorgeous models in magazines? All that flawless skin, with absolutely no spots, makes you want to hide your face in a pillow, more so if you have acne problem! Acne marks usually develop when you pop a pimple or squeeze it out. This action peels off the pimple and the skin forcefully, leaving a permanent mark at the affected area. The deeper the skin peels off, the darker is the mark. Sometimes, it may leave a scar, which is all the more difficult to get rid off. However, for those suffering from the problem, here is a respite. In the following lines, we have provided natural remedies on how to get rid of acne marks. So, just use them and watch your acne fade away, without even spending a penny.
How To Cure Acne Scars At Home
- Take the fresh juice of lemon and dip some cotton wool in it. Pat your face with the cotton and let it dry. Some people may find the lemon juice irritating. In that case, you can dilute it in some water or rose-water. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash your face with water after that. Do this at least four times a week and you will find considerable change.
- Make a paste with some sandalwood powder and rose-water. Add 2-4 drops of lime juice to it. Apply this paste on your face and neck and let it dry completely. After that, rinse your face with cool water and wipe off the paste with cotton wool. Do this on a regular basis (twice a week),to get good results.
- Apply cucumber juice on your face with cotton wool. In summers, you can do this almost daily, as it helps cool off the skin and tightens the pores as well. Cucumber juice is very helpful is making your skin glow and make it feel fresh.
- A popular homemade remedy for removing acne marks is to make a paste of apple and honey. Make the apple paste first and then add 4-6 drops of honey. Apply this mask on your face. Wash off after 15 minutes. This will tighten pores and make your complexion light.
- Another effective way to get rid of acne marks would be to use baking soda. Take a small amount of baking soda and mix it with water, allowing it to foam. Now, rub it in the pigmented area in circular motions, before rinsing it off with water. The abrasive quality of baking soda helps in exfoliating pigmented cells.
- Camphor powder, when mixed with coconut oil, is found effective in treating acne marks. Apply the paste on the acne scars and wait for a few minutes, before washing it off.
- A mixture of tea tree oil and almond oil is also found effective in treating acne scars. It unclogs the pores, thereby reducing the pigmentation associated with acne.
- A natural way to get rid of acne marks would be to smear fruit pulp on the acne region and leave it for about 20 minutes. The fruit acid and collagen present in the pulp would help treat acne. Pulp of papaya, orange and pineapple are great for the purpose.