All guys love to attract girls by showing off their six pack abs. After all, who wouldn’t want to flaunt a great body and be the center of attraction! It is pretty easy to get those cut abs, if you have the will power and determination to work out strictly. You will have to prepare yourself mentally and physically before starting your program. Though you will have to give in lots of dedication, time and patience to get cut abs, the effort will surely be worth it in the end. Apart from that, there are many things you will need to keep track of, such as your calorie intake, body fat percentage, etc. to get your desired results. Read through the following lines to know some simple tips on how to get cut abs.
Tips For Getting Six Pack Abs
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your body, as this will allow the initiation of new muscle fiber.
- Go on a strict, low calorie diet. Include maximum protein in your daily diet. The amino acids present in proteins work as the building blocks of muscles. Consume chicken and fish during the first few days of your diet.
- Control your consumption of foods that are high saturated fats, like fried eatables, processed sweets and potatoes.
- Eat foods with lots of fiber, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and nuts and seeds.
- Have lots of fruit juices, as they will help you stay away from fats and won’t keep you hungry.
- Do not skip your breakfast, as it will mess up your concentration and other mental functions.
- Avoid white foods, such as white rice, white flour and refined sugar, as they cause insulin spikes, trigger increased storage of dietary fat and slow down burning of body fat.
- Once you are used to your diet, start doing minor exercises.
- Start off with crunches. Lie down on your back on the floor and bend your knees. Place both your hands behind your head and slowly lift your head, neck and shoulders off the floor. Try touching your head to your knees. Perform these crunches at least 10 times every day, before starting the cardiovascular exercises.
- Do sit ups. Lie on the floor with your back down and knees bent. Cross your hands on your chest. Try sitting up all the way and lifting your lower back off the floor, along with your shoulder blades. Lower yourself and rest. Repeat. Once you are used to it, do weighted sit ups by holding weights on your chest.
- Do jackknife sit ups. Lie down flat on the floor and place you hands on the ground, to your sides, for balance. Raise your knees and torso such that your face and knees meet on an imaginary line extending from your pelvis to the ceiling. Try to kiss your knees at the top of the motion. Come back down and repeat.
- Put on a few pounds by eating chicken and fish and then do cardio exercises. This will help you lose extra fat.
- Include some aerobic exercises thrice a week, along with the cardio exercises.
- Also include kick boxing, jogging, cycling and walking in your exercise schedule, to burn the extra fat.
- Continue doing the crunches along with other exercises. Gradually, increase the number of crunches from 10 to 50, as you increase your stamina.