When you have to meet someone after having traveled some distance, it’s always a good idea to freshen up before the meeting. In a world where looking your best could mean the difference between success and failure, you need to be presentable at all times. This holds true especially if you have been driving for a long time, and are covered in dust and the smell of a car, or just got off a very long flight and are jet lagged. There are some simple tips that you can use to keep the signs of fatigue, caused by a journey, off your face when you are meeting someone. Freshening up tips are not important only for those who need to rush into a meeting as soon as they reach their destination. It is equally important to those who are going on a vacation too. After all you wouldn’t want to waste precious time recovering from the journey when you can just freshen up and get started on the sightseeing.
Freshening Up After Traveling
- One of the most important things to do is to keep drinking water throughout your journey. This is especially true of traveling in aircrafts since the air conditioning in them can really dry out your skin. Even if you don’t consume too much water, it would be wise to keep some moisturizer handy. An atomizer spray is also known to work when it comes to moisturizing your face after a long journey.
- If your journey is long and ends in a meeting, it would be a good idea to take a nap while traveling. This will help reduce the look of fatigue on your face.
- Once you reach your destination, don’t rush to your meetings or sightseeing engagements. Get into the bathroom and take a good bath.
- Another key to freshening up after travellng is to change your clothes. Once you reach your destination and have checked into your hotel and taken that bath, make sure you put on a fresh set of clothes. It’s not advisable to roam around in the clothes that you have been traveling in.
- For women, it is best not to wear makeup while you travel. This way all you need to do is to just wash your face the moment you reach and apply light makeup to help you look fresh.
- If you are on a plane and you have been wearing makeup, you should make sure that you remove it completely and apply fresh makeup before you go out or meet anyone. This can be done even in the bathroom of the aircraft in case you are meeting someone just as you land.
- For men who plan to head in for a meeting soon as they land at their destination, it would be smart to remove your blazers for the duration of the flight. Wearing it will just make sure it gets crumpled making you look untidy when you get off the plane.
- A home remedy that really works is to wash your face thoroughly. Once you are done washing your face take a hand towel and wet it with cold water, sprinkle a few drops of aftershave on it, wring out all the excess water and then use that to wipe your face.
- Freshening up after traveling is not just about looking good, it’s also about feeling good. The two complement each other. If you don’t look good, then you won’t feel good and vice versa.