Shoes are the best protection for the feet. As such, they should be chosen with care so that they do not become a burden. Many people cannot select the correct shoes for their feet. This is because they are lost in the heady maze of brand names, that they think that only the best shoe brand is the right for them. So, they go for shoes that are stylish and fit their foot size without giving much consideration to the type of their foot. Consideration of your foot type is very important as the foot type determines how comfortable you are in your shoes. Moreover, this is especially so in running shoes as considerable stress is placed on the foot while running. As such, many runners face black toenails as the toe is constantly ‘pinched’ by the shoe, which is left without any breathing space.The first step in deciding the right running shoe is to know your foot type. To help you further, read the article given below for the various tips on finding the right running shoes.
Finding Right Running Shoes
- Before going for the shoes, you should determine your foot type. This is the only way that you can get the right running shoes. Also, let the salesperson measure your feet while you are standing.
- During running the feet swells and it requires plenty of room in the toe box. So, it is better to buy running shoes that are half to one size bigger than the regular shoe size. Remember that crammed toes can lead to serious discomfort.
- After selecting the shoes, wear them and run. Better, asks the salesperson to watch you as you run so that he can point out if your foot is rolling inward or outward when the foot strikes the ground.
- The shoes should also depend on what surface do you plan to run and how often do you run. In this, also the sales representative can help you a lot.
- Walking a few steps is not enough. Do a proper run. First, try out the shoes that the salesperson recommends you.
- While running you can have an idea on the fitness, comfort and function before you go for the final decision.
- Some stores offer a liberal exchange policy where you can return them even after using for more than a week. So, you can test them by running for a week. If you develop pain in the legs and blisters then it is better to change the shoes for another pair of running shoes.
- If you are a regular runner then you should replace the shoes every 400 miles so that they don’t start hurting your feet.
Choosing Shoes According To Your Foot Type
- For people who have a flat foot, the feet roll inwards when they run. So, they should go for running shoes that maintain the stability. Some running shoes come with ‘motion control’ and ‘stability’ features, which is good for flat-footed people.
- If the foot is high-arched then the feet roll outwards while running. Regular runners should measure their feet occasionally because running makes the arches lower and the feet longer. The shoes that such people should go for should be flexible and cushioned with a soft midsole that absorbs the shock.
- For normal foot you can choose running shoes from a wide variety. Only don’t go for shoes that have a lot of stability or motion control.