Sleeping is an essential part of human life cycle. Sleep relaxes, rejuvenates, and refreshes a person’s mind and soul. During sleep, we allow muscles to relax which were working hard whole day and give them a resting period to repair and revitalize. There are different pattern and time period of sleeping, which varies from person to person. For children, the ideal time for sleeping is about 10 hours, while for adult it is 8 hours. Sleeping for lesser time may lead to headache and uneasiness. Concentration and freshness is highly affected by lesser sleep. A continuous lack of sleep can lead to severe problems like depression, anxiety and fatigue. It also results in weight gain in some cases. One may also develop sleep disorder which acts negatively on the immune system, making it weaker. Therefore, sleeping is extremely essential and must not be taken lightly. Some people can sleep anywhere and anytime, while other finds it a very difficult task. For the second category of people, not being able to sleep is a major problem. They are simply not able to sleep even if they go to the bed early. For such people, we have listed below some tips that would help them to fall asleep faster.
Tips To Fall Asleep Faster
- Work only for specified time. Don’t over work for hours. Today, people even after reaching home, work for long hours in the night. Too much work rips a person off his/her normal sleeping tendency. Also, the pressure and stress caused due to work does not allow him/her to fall asleep fast.
- It is also advisable not to work till the last moment before hitting the bed. Give yourself sometime before going to bed. Wash your face, brush your teeth, talk to your family members and do what you like the most. Listen to music or watch your favorite movie or read a book.
- There are many people who fall asleep while the lights of the room are still on. Sometime the television is also left on. This stimulates the mind and makes it difficult for the person to fall in deep sleep. An incomplete sleep is a root for many problems. So avoid doing the same. Switch off all the lights and equipments to have a deep and tension-free sleep. The darkness around would help your mind relax, thereby helping you fall asleep faster.
- It is noticed that a drop in the temperature of the body stimulates deep sleep. So, having a hot bath about 90 minutes before going to sleep would be really helpful. As you come in your bedroom, the temperature of your body will decrease. Also, keep your bedroom clean, quite and dark. You can also use ear mask and sleep mask for a better sleep.
- There are some dairy products, like milk, which boosts sleeping. A food delicacy, turkey, also makes a person to fall asleep faster. In case you are having trouble falling asleep faster, guzzle down a glass of milk before going under the blankets. You are sure to fall asleep in no time.
- Remove all equipments in the room, which make noise. Not only would the noise restrain you from sleeping, but it would also ruin your sleep. Make sure that room is very quiet and relaxing.
- Avoid the intake of caffeine, nicotine and alcohol. They are the enemy of sleep. Caffeine remains active up to 10 hours from the time you consume it. Excessive alcohol can make you go to the washroom many times, which disturbs the sleep and breaks continuation of sleep.
- Avoid exercise before going to bed. It is over stimulating and would make it difficult for you to fall asleep.
- If you have been lying on bed for quite some time and have not fallen asleep, don’t get frustrated or make efforts to fall asleep. Instead, come out of the bed and indulge in some activity like reading a book or listening to music. These would help you fall asleep the next time you hit the bed.
- If you have not been able to sleep for quite some days now or are suffering from a serious sleeping disorder, consult a doctor. A proper medication can help you sleep better.
Apply the above natural tips to fall asleep faster. These would surely help you relax and lead you towards a fresh mind and body.