The presence of brown spots on your skin may be attributed to aging or over exposure to sun. While sun exposure is the most prominent cause of these spots, melanin production can also be one of the reasons accounting for brown spots on your skin. However, the bottom line is that these flaws compromise the beauty of your smooth and wonderful skin. We all want a flawless and radiant skin, but brown spots seem to be doing just the opposite. Ridding yourself of these blemishes is pretty easy, provided you know the right treatment for spot removal. This article brings some valuable remedies that will help you know how to fade brown spots.
Home Remedies For Brown Spot Removal
- Exfoliating Scrub
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Horseradish Root
- Cotton Swabs
- Anti-aging Cream
- Exfoliate the spotted skin and the area around it, using an exfoliating scrub. Removal of dead cells from the brown skin will maximize the effect of spot treatment, by letting it work deep under the skin.
- Combine lemon juice, apple cedar vinegar, and horseradish root in equal parts, and store the mixture in a container. Using a cotton swab, apply this mixture to the spotted area. This solution will act as bleach on the brown spots and help them fade quickly.
- Apply a good quality, branded anti-aging cream on the spot. Gently massage the skin on the spot for deeper hydration. This will help fade brown spots, reduce wrinkles and shrink pores.
- The above process should be repeated until the brown spots fade away i.e. are completely done away with. You can also apply undiluted lemon juice on the spots before going to bed every night, for a quick treatment of the spots.
- Also take care to apply sunscreen before leaving for outdoors. This will help protect the skin against damage and brown spots.
Some More Effective Home Remedies
Honey works as a natural bleaching and moisturizing agent. Apply honey on the spotted area, leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. For better results, mix 2-3 drops of lemon juice in honey. The application of honey will reduce the visibility of brown spots and also help you get rid of dark patches and pigmentation.
Extrapone Nutgrass is mild on the skin and can effectively fight melanin production. The best bet is to find it as a raw ingredient and then apply on the skin. In case you find that to be quite difficult, pick up a moisturizer that contains this ingredient.
Different plant combinations are also effective in removing brown spots from skin.
Make a paste of 100 grams each of dried basil leaves, neem leaves and mint. Grind the leaves before making the paste. Add some turmeric powder and rose water to this mixture. Apply the paste on your face, let it remain for 20-30 minutes and then wash off.
Saffron & Honey
A paste of saffron and honey also works very well on brown spots. Apply the paste on your face, let it remain for 20-30 minutes and then wash off.