When going on a date, almost everyone takes out the time to decide where to do, which dress to wear, what accessories to go for, and so on. They even try to think about the topics that will be of mutual interests and make the conversation lively and appealing. However, very few people think about the ending of a date. It is very necessary to end a date gracefully, especially when you want to make further contact. In order to help you out with the task, we have provided information on how to end a date, both good as well as bad.
Ending Your Date Gracefully
While going out on a date with someone for the first time, it is always advisable to keep the duration short beforehand only. For instance, you can say that you have to attend to some official work after 1 or 2 hours. This will help you end a bad date easily. In case you are enjoying the date, you can always make a fake call and cancel the appointment.
- In case you are having a bad time, excuse yourself and go to the restroom. Once inside, call up one of your friends and explain the situation, asking him/her to call you up after 10 minutes and play along. As you receive the call, pretend there is an emergency that will require your date to come to an end. Apologize and leave.
- If, and when, you end a bad date, never ever let your feelings show. Take your leave by shaking the hand of your date, but use no gesture that might show a further interest on your part. Thank him/her for a lovely evening, but do not hug or kiss. At the same time, do not exchange numbers or say that you will call, as this leads to false hopes.
- When ending a good date, make sure to set a note that leaves the option for future contact. You can exchange numbers or say that you had a lovely time together and would surely like to meet up again. The basic idea is to let your date know that you are interested in him/her.
- In case you have enjoyed the date thoroughly and get the same impression from the other side as well, you can take things a bit further and give your partner an easy hug and a small peck on the cheek. However, it is advisable not to take things any further.
- In case you are a guy, it is always advisable to ask for the bill and pay the same, as the date comes to an end. In case the lady tries to pay half the bill, say no at least 3-4 times. If she still insists, you should respect her decision and let her do the same.
- It is always advisable to drive a lady home. In case you don't have your own vehicle, take a cab and drop her off. As a gentleman, you should see to it that she is safely inside the house, before driving on. In case she insists on going on her own, see her to the cab or her car.