Embossing is one of most popular crafts that kids as well as adults love to indulge in. It is basically the process of creating a three-dimensional image or design, be it on paper or any other ductile material, with the application of heat or pressure, or a combination of both. As a craft, embossing is undertaken with the aim of decorating something, like cards, fabrics, etc. Innumerable beautiful images can be created, by embossing. Rubber stamps and brass template/stencils are mainly used for the process of embossing. In case you want to know how to emboss something, the following lines will surely come handy.
- Scrap Paper
- Rubber Stamp
- Embossing Ink
- Embossing Powders
- Heat Gun
- Take a piece of scrap paper and on it, keep a piece of cardstock.
- On the cardstock, stamp an image with the help of rubber stamp and embossing ink.
- Now, pour a generous amount of the embossing powder on the paper, over the stamped image.
- Tip up the embossed image, on the card stock, in such a way that the unused embossing powder falls on the scrap paper placed below.
- Carefully fold the scrap paper into a funnel and pour the unused embossing powder back into the jar.
- Remove any specks of embossing powder on the cardstock, by making use of a paintbrush.
- Making use of the heat gun, heat the embossing powder until it starts melting. Now, remove the heat gun.
- Leave the embossed paper, in an undisturbed place, for sometime and let it cool down.
- The embossing process is complete.
- Brass Embossing Template
- Stylus, Dual-Ended
- Light box
- Cardstock or Paper
- Wax Paper
- Take a lit light box and place brass template over it. Secure the template with the help of a piece of tape.
- Place a cardstock or a thick paper on top of the brass template. Ensure that the cardstock is facing down, over the brass template, so that you get a clear three-dimensional image as the end product.
- Smear the back of the cardstock or paper with wax paper. By doing so, the cardstock or paper would get well greased.
- Now it is the time to start the process of embossing. First, you need to press the stylus into the open areas of the template. Start along the edges and then reach the center of the brass template.
- Start pressing against the template with the larger end of the stylus. Move the smaller end of the stylus to the smaller corners of the template.
- Take the stylus off the template. Now, you are done with embossing!
- Heat the embossing powder carefully, up to the optimal amount.
- Beginners may follow the method of dry embossing, because it is easier than heat embossing.
- Make sure to press the stylus gently, so that the paper does not tear.