You would have often seen girls with poker-straight hair sighing at the sight of curly hair. In fact, most of them would love to swap their flat hair for the bouncy curls, anytime. While curly hair looks extremely beautiful, very few people are aware of the fact that it is very difficult to maintain. Amongst all the problems one can face with such type of hair, the most annoying one is their tangling with each other. Detangling curly hair, without damaging it, is surely a task easier said than done. However, if you are aware of the correct procedure for the same, detangling will not only be quite simple, but also take less time. Go through the lines below and know how to detangle curly hair, without investing too much time and effort.
Detangling Your Curly Hair
- Leave-in Conditioner
- Wide-toothed Comb
- First of all, you need to wet your hair thoroughly, making sure that no area has been left dry.
- Now, apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair, moving from the forehead towards the hair ends. Do not apply the conditioner on your scalp.
- Making use of your fingers, comb through your hair, untangling knots and mats as you go on.
- Divide your hair into small sections and, with the help of a wide-toothed comb, start combing through the bottom section.
- Gradually, move the comb to the upper section of your hair, leading up to the scalp. Make sure not to pull on or tug at the hair and be gentle.
- If you feel that some areas of your hair are very difficult to untangle, you can dip the comb directly into conditioner, before using it there.
- After you feel that your hair has been combed thoroughly and all the tangles have been removed, rinse it with cool water.
- While rinsing your hair, after detangling it, do not wash out all of the conditioner. If possible, leave some of the conditioner in the hair, as it would protect your hair from tangles, until the next wash.
- You can also use a detangling spray for removing the tangles in your hair. Spray it in your hair and move a comb through it, from bottom up. As you move to the scalp, apply more spray if any stubborn tangle comes up.