Are you frustrated that you are not able to find time for visiting a gym? Or you may be perturbed by the fact that the moment you step into your house, after a hard day at work, you have to gear up for the gym appointment. Or maybe you wish to spend more time at home, instead of sweating out your precious time in your health centre. In all these cases, what could be a better option than having a home gym? Many people wish to have a gym on their whim, where they can workout whenever they want. However, before you jump up the gun on the idea of having a home gym, you need to keep few things in mind. Many of us are guilty of investing in a treadmill that stands in a corner of the dining hall unused or a standing cycle where spiders have made a colony. A home gym can be successful only if you really wish to use it. In case you have made up your mind in context of exercising, read on to explore tips on how to design a home gym.
Designing Your Own Home Gym
- The first thing, which you need to ask yourself, is why do you need a gym. You need to have a clear-cut idea as to why having a gym is important. What is your motive behind the purpose of having a gym? Do you want to shed weight? Is it just for keeping fit? Do you want to achieve a six-pack or an hourglass figure? Thinking about all these things will help you buy the equipments and design your gym accordingly.
- Money matters. So, ask yourself how much are you willing to spend? If you are thinking of converting an already existing room to a gym room, the cost will be gets reduced to some an extent. In case you are planning to build a whole new room for it, then prepare yourself for shedding more moolah.
- Think about how many gym equipments you need and how many members of your family will be using them. Generally, a cardiovascular machine, dumbbells, barbells, and a multipurpose gym machine will be a good investment. You can also invest in machine balls, benches, and resistance bands. If you have no clue on how to go about it, consult a gym instructor and keep in mind the results you want from your body.
- The space should be enough to keep all the equipment. The area should be well ventilated and floors well maintained. The gym room should be enough lighted and far from the noise. It should give an inviting feel, for which you can choose bright colors for the wall.
- After you have added colors to your walls, construct the floor plan. All the equipment should be kept in such a way that they give you maximum flexibility and comfort. For that, you can arrange heavy equipments with the walls and shorter ones in the middle. The floor plan should be such that the room doesn’t look cluttered and gives enough space to the exerciser.
- You can also have the floor plan professionally made. It is especially good when you plan to convert your basement or an oddly shaped room, into the gym. This will also help you exploit and get the maximum benefit out of whatever space you have.
- Hang some wall-pictures and make stereo an integral part of the gym room. It will make the room more inviting and inspire you to use it. Never, in any case, invest in cheap gym equipments and don’t take decisions in a spur of moment. In order to be able to fully enjoy the benefits of a home gym, the plan should be thorough and well considered.