The penchant for a lean and firm body has kept many people away from their favorite desserts and puddings. In fact, it is the desire to look good that has led to the flourishing of many businesses like health clubs, gymnasiums, aerobic classes, and so on. However, it is not necessary to spend 10 hours in a day inside the gym to get rid of body fat. Ever wondered if there is an easy way to get rid of those really ugly flabs? There should be some way out for the ‘lazy ones’ to get that coveted ‘slim and trim’ figure. The fact of the matter is that there does exist an easier way than sweating off in the gym and it involves making serious lifestyle changes. All you need to do to is, adopt a few new habits and you will own an enviable fabulous body in a span of just a few months. But these changes in the lifestyle and these new habits should be substantial. You have to make up your mind and make ‘fabulous body’ your ultimate aim. It is like what they say–– you get nothing in this world unless you are mad enough for it! Here in this article we have jotted down some of the best and easy ways to lose extra body fat. Follow these and make your dream of owning a ‘slim and sexy body’ come true.
Tips to Lose Body Fat
- Instead of having 3 large meals in a day, have 5-6 small meals. Make sure to keep a gap of 2-3 hours between two consecutive meals. It will help speed up your metabolism and result in burning of more calories. Also, when you will consume small meals instead of large portion of meals you will eat less as eating 5 times instead of 3 will keep you less hungry. When we are hungry we tend to eat a lot of food, more than our body requires.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day. The more you increase your water consumption, the better it is. This is because if you will not give your body enough water then it will bloat due to water retention and you will look fat. The salts and sugars that we consume need water to be absorbed in the body. If your body does not get enough water then it retains whatever sugar and salt it has been fed. This causes water retention. Therefore guzzle a good amount of water throughout the day.
- Avoid foods that are too high in oil or sugar or salt. These items contribute to body fat.
- Never ever skip meals or eat too less in order to lose weight. It will only make your metabolism slower, resulting in an even slower burning of calories. This is because when the body is not fed properly then it thinks itself to be in the starvation mode and in starvation mode it starts to store the wrong type of fat just as a survival mechanism.
- One of the best ways to reduce body fat is by indulging in weight training. It leads to an increase in the lean muscle mass.
- Make sure to engage in low intensity aerobic exercise, like stationary biking, for 30 minutes, at least 3-4 times in a week.
- Stick to a proper and balanced diet. Ensure that your diet has 65-70% carbohydrates, 15-20% proteins and 10-15% fats.
- Always keep healthy snacks, like puffed rice, fruits, etc, handy. This will help you avoid unhealthy snacks when you feel hungry in-between meals. Never ever take snacks after hours. This is because people tend to eat only junk food after hours and it is difficult for the body to process it during night time. At night time body metabolism is very slow and it cannot break down complex fats, therefore it stores it.
- Whenever you are free, try to indulge yourself in something. It is often seen that we end up eating more when we sit idle. Even if you have to do the ‘idle eating’ or the ‘boredom eating’ stick to fresh raw vegetables and fruits. You can also opt for healthy soups and smoothies.
- While having your meal, eat slowly and chew each bite properly. This will make you feel full soon and help you avoid over-eating.
- Include lots of negative-calorie foods in your diet. This is the kind of food that consumes more energy in getting digested than what it offers to the body. These negative-calorie foods include: celery, lettuce, kelp noodles, pickles, grapefruit, etc. It is known that one cup of celery contains 19 calories and it takes far more time for the body to digest these 19 calories than in any other food. It is very healthy for the body and you can eat as much celery as you want without getting fat. Lettuce is known as structured water captured into vegetable matrix. There are only 8 calories in a cup of lettuce. Kelp noodles are made up of sea kelp and contain only 6 calories in each serving, which means that it will make you feel full without making you fat.
- Stop having aerated drinks. Not only are they bad for health, but also add unnecessary calories. Instead opt for fruit juice, milk and the like. But stay away from the processed juices as well, as these contain high amount of sugar and salt.