“I only have to do three things to look halfway decent, curl my eyelashes, fill in my eyebrows, and put some lipstick on.” This quote of Courteney Cox, most famous for her role of Monica in sitcom “FRIENDS”, speaks for most of the woman. Actually, the truth is that long, sultry, thick, and beautiful eyelashes have the magic to transform us to glam princesses. However, very few women are blessed with fluttering long, sexy eyelashes and rest of us have to do with some tricks to be able to spread the magic through the eyes. Although eyelashes curlers are available in the market, most of the time they are the torcher to the eyes and are not even pocket friendly. It is also not feasible to visit parlor all the time for eyelash perming. Some women even don’t like the unnatural bent look curlers give to the eyelashes. Sometimes curlers even leave the lashes with a crimped look and can tug and tear out your eyelashes if proper care is not taken. You can curl your lashes without eyelash curlers and that too without spending any dime on it. It also gives a natural curl to the eyes without any over dramatic effect. Moreover, you don’t have to visit a parlor for perming your eyelashes. Read on to know the tips for curling your eyelashes without an eyelash curler and get ready to hog all the attention with your wide, bright, and beautiful eyes.
Tips For Curling Eyelashes Without Eyelash Curler
Curl Your Eyelashes With Fingers
- You can curl your eyelashes with the help of your fingers too. First of all, you have to apply a coat of mascara.
- Make sure the mascara, which you choose give you extra volume and for that choose a good branded one like Maybelline or Clinique.
- Hold the wand parallel to the eyelid. Look in the upward direction and move the mascara to the tip of the lashes slowly.
- Apply them in a rolling movement, as it will separate the lashes. You can also apply them in a zigzag movement as it also helps in separating the eyelashes. Allow this layer of mascara to completely dry.
- Now apply a second coat of mascara. Warm your fingers by rubbing them together and hold them on the fire to further heat them. Your warm fingers will act as curlers and so the more heated they are the better curl you will get. You can also heat your fingers by running them under hot water. However, make sure that you don’t hurt your hands in the process.
- Touch your fingertips to your upper eyelashes and push them upwards. Hold for about 30 seconds to make sure that your lashes stay in the position and repeat until you get the desired amount of curl. If your fingers get cold then run them under hot water and repeat the process of curling. You will find yourself wide eyed and with beautiful curly eyelashes. However, eyelashes curled through this process don’t stay for long and if you have to attend a party, it is always advisable to curl your lashes maximum of half an hour before you attend the party for most effect.
Curling Your Eyelashes With A Spoon
- Spoon is a better option than fingers as heating fingers may even burn you. Clean your eyelashes and apply a little loose powder on them. Now apply a coat of mascara and allow them to dry completely.
- You can also apply another coat of mascara and curl the lashes in the third application. It completely depends on your preference however; an extra layer just adds thickness.
- Now heat the spoon with the cigarette lighter or even by rubbing it with your hands. You can also heat the spoon with blow dryer. However, make sure that the spoon is warm and not hot.
- Hold the spoon with the handle and keep it with the side from outwards. Put your thumb down to the curve of the spoon and start curling your lashes. Hold them carefully to make sure you don’t poke your eyes with it. Curl your lashes in the same way you would with the fingers and continue until you get the desired effects.