Medically known as leucoderma or vitiligo, white spots is a skin disease caused due to loss of pigmentation in the skin. The spots are most common in sun-exposed areas such as hands, feet, arms, face and lips. Other areas where these patches can be found are armpits and groin as well as around the mouth, eyes, nostrils, navel and genitals. White spots appear due to a fungal infection called tiena versicolor. Exposure to heat makes the condition worse, especially in people who are naturally dark complexioned. Eventually, the natural coloring pigment called melanin reduces from certain parts of the skin. Various treatments are available for treating white patches, such as corticosteroid cream, phototherapy method, transplantation vitiligo, and so on. Read through the following lines and know how to cure white spots on skin.
Home Remedies For White Skin Patches
- Wash your face several times a day, with a very mild soap rich in moisturizing oils. This will clean your face and prevent infections.
- Mix some apple cider vinegar with water and splash your face with this mixture twice a day. The acidic nature of vinegar will kill the bacteria and fungi and reduce white spots.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week, to remove dead skin cells and dirt from the pores of your skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon each of rice powder, sandalwood powder and turmeric powder. Apply it on your face and wash after 10 minutes. This will act as a cleansing agent and prevent the appearance of white spots.
- Rub a small piece of ginger on the white spots for 5 minutes, 3 times a day. Doing so will stimulate the skin cells and improve blood circulation to the white spots, thus making them disappear.
- Pour water in a copper vessel and keep it overnight. Drink it the next morning, on an empty stomach.
- Crush some cabbage leaves and extract the juice. Dab the affected areas with this juice.
- Pierce a few cabbage leaves with a fork or needle and apply directly to the white spots.
- Grind some black gram to a paste, adding water as required. Apply the paste to your face and rinse after 10 minutes, with water.
- Crush some ginger and extract the juice. Mix the juice with lemon juice and water and consume it.
- Having walnuts and figs regularly for a month also help in getting rid of white spots and patches.
- Apply tulsi or holy basil oil on the affected area.
- Grind about 25 grams of radish seeds and mix them in 2 teaspoons vinegar. Apply the paste on the affected areas, to treat white spots.
- Soak 500 grams turmeric in 8 liters of water. Boil the water till it reduces to 1 liter. Strain it and add half a liter of mustard oil. Mix well and apply the mixture on the white patches twice a day, for at least 2 to 3 months.
- Mix red clay with equal part of ginger juice and apply to the white spots all over the body.