It is accepted across cultures that the eyes are the first thing, which catch the attention of the onlooker. In India, beautiful eyes mean the ones that are large, almost circular, and have that extra innocent look. Longer lashes make the eyes look larger than they are, and add that extra appeal. Some of us are naturally blessed with large lashes, for example Aishwarya Rai. Unfortunately, most of are not as lucky. We have to find other ways of making eyelashes long and beautiful. But it doesn’t mean going out to buy that pair of fake lashes; not only are they tacky, they may be made of low grade plastic which may cause other health issues. You may, however, invest in an eyelash curler, especially if you can take the pain that is caused by the way it tugs on your lashes. Read on to find temporary as well as permanent methods of creating longer lashes.
How To Make Your Eyelashes Longer
Close To Eye
Whenever applying liquid eyeliner, apply it close to the lash line, i.e. the point from where lashes start. It will give the impression that there are more strands of hair at the root than there actually are. Along with that, if you were to extend the line of application a little towards the outer side, it would also give the impression of more lashes. Now you know how all the actresses of yesteryears gave the impression of long lashes?
Many a times, flat lashes look short, even if they are long enough, because of the angle from which they’re seen. In such cases, an eyelash curler comes in handy. If used carefully and with caution, it can do wonders to flat eyelashes, making them look fabulous. The only thing, to keep in mind is to be ultra gentle as eye is perhaps the most sensitive part of the body. Tug a little too hard and lose a few strands of your precious lashes. You wouldn’t want that, would you?
Mascara is an excellent way to make your eyelashes look full and thick; it has been used for as long as we can remember. The only thing, to be kept in mind is to invest in good quality mascara that wouldn’t clump. In addition, it should be removed thoroughly at the end of the day.
Here is a permanent way to make your eyelashes grow longer. Yes, actually GROW longer, provided you have the patience to see the results.
- First of all, you need to keep your lashes clean. At the end of the day, thoroughly remove every trace of makeup from your eyes.
- Take a clean toothbrush and spread its bristles apart. Apply petroleum jelly on the toothbrush about the size of a chick pea
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your eyelashes for about five seconds or so. Do so gently. If you don’t have a curler, use your fingers or a warm spoon to do that.
- With slow, circular movements, brush you lashes till, all the Vaseline is absorbed and there are no clumps of it on the lashes.
- Rinse the toothbrush and keep the Vaseline on for a minute, then brush the lashes with the wet toothbrush.
- Pat dry with a soft turkey towel. Regularly doing it, will give you long, thick and fluttery eyelashes.