Hair color is one of the latest tools through which you can change your look completely. The best part is that the procedure is quite easy and can be done on a temporary as well as permanent basis. In simple terms, you can first get a temporary hair color done, to see whether it suits you or not. If you like, go for the permanent one, and if you don’t, either try another one or simply go back to your natural color. The color that you want to use on your hair also depends upon your skin tone as well as natural hair color. In the following lines, we have provided tips on choosing hair color for black hair as well as techniques of coloring black hair. Read on and get a new look!
How to Color Black Hair
Choosing Hair Color for Black Hair
- There are two basic types of skin tone - cool and warm. Those with brown eyes, with brown or black hair, belong to the latter category. In such a case, rich browns, auburns, reds or golden browns are the colors that will best suit the hair.
- After deciding on the hair color, it is the time to decide the type of hair color - permanent or temporary. In case you are using color for the first time, temporary hair color is recommended. Otherwise, you can go for the permanent one that doesn’t come off easily.
Applying the Color
- Take out the instructions leaflet from the color box and read it thoroughly. This is because all brands are not the same.
- Next, test the hair color, taking out a small amount, to be sure that it does not react and gives the color you want.
- Put on your gloves and make the hair color solution, by mixing together color formula and developer.
- Make sure that your hair is completely dry. If not, either let it air-dry or make use of a hair dryer.
- Start coloring your hair, beginning with the roots and working your way down, towards the ends of your hair.
- Make sure to part your hair in section, while coloring it. This will ensure that you saturate and cover each and every strand.
- After you have colored your hair, pile it in top of your head. You can also use a plastic head wrap to cover it.
- Note the time when you completed coloring your hair.
- After the time indicated in the instructions has passed, thoroughly rinse your hair with water.
- Stop rinsing you hair only when the water runs clear and you are sure that the color is totally removed.
- Do not shampoo your hair. Rather, use a deep conditioning product to replenish the lost moisture.