Bundle of dirty clothes, soiled dishes, dusty flooring and toys everywhere - are you wondering how to clean your house? With lives getting hectic each passing day, there is practically no time left to clean the house on a daily basis. So, the best option, today, is to dedicate a major portion of a weekend for cleaning the house. Believe it or not - a clean house radiates positive energy and makes you think in an optimistic way. Messy house, mucky kitchen and dirty washrooms are big turn offs for any person. To get rid of such chaotic and disorganized living, we have given below some tips and ideas for cleaning a house, just for you.
House Cleaning Tips
- For cleaning a house, you need to dedicate a lot of time. So, the first step would be to decide how much time you are going to spend on cleaning.
- Once the time is set, get started by looking into the areas of concern. You would find that there are a number of things you need to look into, while cleaning a house.
- Start with the glass windows and mirrors. For this, take some warm water in a bucket and add to it some soap to make a foamy solution. Now, pick up a sponge and start cleaning all the glass panes and mirrors. Wash it with plain water and dry the glass with newspaper. Your windows and mirrors would be gleaming with luster!
- Now, turn to the furniture at your house. While some can be cleaned with a soapy solution, there are others that might get worn out. For the latter, rubbing with a dry cloth would serve as the good option. Dust the cushions and set them on the sofa. As for the dining table, properly keep the place-mats, serving dishes, if any.
- Once the above is done, switch to the laundry. If you have a large pile of clothes, wash them in turns with the whites in the beginning and colored clothes later.
- Drying the clothes is as important as washing them. Set them neatly on the wires outside, with all the clothes properly hanging. Make sure you fasten them with clothes pin.
- For those of you who have children at home, make sure you put all their toys in the toy chest.
- Once the clothes and toys are neatly organized, start cleaning the floors. Start with the first room and head along the home. Vacuuming serves as the most effective way for cleaning up all the dust and junk that accumulates on your floor. For tiled or wooden flooring, dry dust mops would be the best bet.
- Do not forget to mop the floor as well. This would clean the house further, making it look neat and tidy.
- Come to the kitchen, now. Stuff all the small dishes in the dishwasher and run it. As for the bigger pots and pans, the most appropriate option would be to hand-wash them. Place the thoroughly rinsed dishes in a clean drying rack and allow to air dry.
- Clean the counter-top of the kitchen and organize everything neatly in the racks and cupboards.
- Once the kitchen is done, turn to the washrooms. Start with the toilet seat and then move to the floor and tiles. Use a mild detergent for the purpose. Do not forget to clean the wash basin as well.
- Now, all you need to do is take a warm water bath and relax yourself in your neat and tidy home!