Everyone loves a great party, as it poses to be great fun, entertainment and an enjoyable place to be in. However, the problem starts when the last guest leaves and you turn to find your house in a complete mess. With so much dirt and stains around and a great deal of cleaning at hand, almost all of us wonder, why we organized a bash in the first place. Nonetheless, cleaning up after a party can be a less tedious affair, if you resort to a step-by-step method. In the following lines, we have provided some tips and ideas on how to clean up after a party.
Cleaning Up After The Party
- Trash Bags
- Paper Towels or Washcloths
- Floor Mop
- If the mess is too much for you to clean it all alone, do not feel shy to ask someone for help.
- The first step would be to take a large trash bag. In it, collect the non-recyclable trash from all the rooms in the house. Pick all the litter, disposable plates, cups and utensils.
- Once you have collected the non recyclable stuff, take a separate bag and fill it with the recyclable trash, like cans, glass bottles and plastic containers.
- Next, collect all the glassware, china and flatware and put them in the kitchen sink.
- Now that the party hall is a bit cleaner, move about to check for any stains or blemishes. Do not postpone cleaning them to the next day. Remember, the sooner you attend to them, the easier it would be to remove them. Else, be prepared for a tedious affair the next day.
- Check the remaining food items - if they are in a proper state, store them, else discard them at once.
- In the dishwasher, put in the heavy and oversized china and serving platters.
- As for the rest of the dishes, soak them in water. This would solve dual purpose - apart from getting rid of unpleasant odor, it would also help prevent the development of a crust.
- If, in the process of clean-up, you have spilled anything on the kitchen floor, wipe it instantly to avoid any litter.
- If you are feeling too lazy to clean the utensils at night, leave them for the next morning.
- The following morning, clean all the dishes and glassware and mop the kitchen counters and floors with a disinfectant.
- Now, all you need to do is sit back and relax in your clean house!