None of us would like to clean a toilet, but will always appreciate the results of the cleaning process, which makes it look fresh, unsoiled and free from stains. A dirty toilet, which smells bad and often becomes a breeding ground for countless germs, can be made dirt-free by using a disinfectant (toilet cleaner). Though cleaning a toilet may seem a simple task, it involves a series of steps to be effective. In this article, we have given the systematic procedure of how to clean a toilet.
Cleaning A Toilet
- Liquid Toilet Cleaner
- Toilet Brush
- Paper Towel
- Rubber Gloves
- Ventilate your bathroom before cleaning the toilet. Switch on the exhaust fan or open the windows and the door.
- Wear rubber gloves before you start cleaning the toilet.
- Remove the toilet seat cover.
- Wet the sides of the toilet bowl by flushing.
- Apply the liquid disinfectant by squirting it under the rim of the toilet bowl and around it as well. Make sure that the cleaner reaches the area under the lip of the bowl. Let the liquid start running down the sides of the bowl. Allow it to soak for a while, say 20 minutes.
- Scrub the interiors of the bowl with the help of a toilet brush. Brush the bowl thoroughly, so that you get rid of the mineral stains accumulated along the water level.
- Flush the toilet bowl to rinse it. Continue scrubbing the bowl as the water drains from the bowl. Repeat the process of brushing, for a couple of times, to rinse the seat thoroughly.
- When the bowl is clean, it is the time to clean its exteriors and the rest of the toilet. Spray the disinfectant on the top and the underside of the seat and the exteriors as well.
- After leaving it for ten minutes, wipe off the cleaner with the help of a paper towel or a cloth.
- Clean the handle of the flush thoroughly by spraying on few drops of disinfectant and then wiping it with a cloth.
- Spray the disinfectant on the floor tiles around the toilet. Wait for five minutes and then wipe clean the area with paper towels.
- Allow the entire area to dry, before re-using the toilet.