Gloves are multi-purpose in usage and are available in a wide variety, depending on your requirements. They are not just used as a protective cover for your hands, but can also add to your style quotient, when worn fashionably. However, choosing the right gloves is quite a task. At times, you buy gloves and are not able to wear them later, as you have not selected the right pair for yourself. Glove material and its durability are a big factor when you make a choice. Read the article for some more valuable tips on how to choose your gloves.
Tips for Choosing Your Gloves
- Since you are buying gloves for winters, go for the ones with thermal linings, like fleece, cashmere or wool, so that your hands remain warm in the chilling cold.
- Choose gloves which have a weather-resistant exterior, so that they are able to survive the harsh weather conditions. Rain, sleet and snow can test the quality of your gloves.
- Make sure that the wrist area of your gloves is not loose, as it will allow cold to enter inside. According to your comfort, you can choose adjustable wristbands or elasticized wrist areas. Don’t forget that the purpose behind buying gloves is to trap the heat inside and hence, wrist areas are important while selecting gloves.
- It you want to buy dressy gloves, pigskin can be a very good option. It is tough, durable, stain-resistant, and good in quality, yet thin-looking and fashionable at the same time.
- Go for basic colors when you choose your gloves, so that you can wear them with all your outfits. Shades of grey, black and brown go well with every outfit. Select glove colors that suit your wardrobe.
- The stitching of the gloves is an important factor determining their durability. Go for small stitches which are plenty in number, as small stitches tend to be more durable.
- Choosing gloves to match your wedding dress can certainly be very difficult. First of all, you have to decide whether you want to wear gloves at all. If you have a formal church wedding, wearing gloves can be a nice option. Otherwise, it is completely to your discretion.
- Keep the wedding dress in mind, while buying gloves. Shorter gloves look beautiful with dresses that have short or long sleeves, while long elbow or above elbow length gloves enhance the beauty of a sleeveless or strapless wedding dress.
- Choose gloves that match your dress material and the overall style of your dress. If your dress is too ornate, wear simple gloves, so that the focus remains at your expensive wedding dress, rather than your matching hand gloves.
- Fingerless gloves can be a good option, since you are going to exchange rings in your wedding. If you are going for other gloves, make sure that your gloves can either be easily slipped off, or fashioned in such a way that the ring finger is removable. You can also go for thinner glove material, so that the wedding ring slides over them.