The arrival of a baby is characterized with a lot of happiness and loads of shopping. Amongst the basic things that parents need to buy for their baby is a stroller. It allows you to take the baby along with you almost everywhere, for shopping, jogging, walking, and so on. Though it seems a simple task, buying baby strollers is not exactly a piece of cake. Apart from its appearance, you need to take a lot of other aspects into consideration. In order to help you out, we have provided tips that will help you know how to buy a stroller, in the lines below.
How to Buy a Stroller
Type of Stroller
First of all, you need to decide on the type of stroller that you want. For the purpose, the following information will come handy.
- Depending on the number of children you need to push around, there is a wide variety of strollers available in the market. There are single strollers, double strollers, triple strollers, and even larger ones. So, make your choice beforehand.
- Umbrella strollers, being compact and foldable, are best if you do not have enough storage space. They are also lightweight, but they do not provided space to store things.
- Regular strollers are not at all compact and will require plenty of space for storage. However, they offer things like storage baskets, cup holders, toy bar, and the like. They can be folded easily, usually with one hand.
- Lightweight strollers lie somewhere in-between umbrella strollers and regular strollers. They have limited storage space and, at times, might have little extra padding in the seat. They are compact, but not as much as umbrella strollers and can fold with one or two hands.
- If you are one of those who are always on the move, buying a jogging stroller is a good idea. Instead of the usual four wheels, it has three wheels, which are large and can be moved easily in one direction. However, storage is minimal and turning it difficult.
Shopping for Stroller
- After you have decided on the basic style of the stroller, it is the time to go to the market and see the options available in that particular style. If you have a child, you can bring him/her for trial, if possible.
- Try out the stroller by moving it around. It should be easy to maneuver and should be able to pass through doorways and around corners, with considerable ease.
- Next, check how the stroller folds. Does it fold with one hand only or does it require you to use two? It is possible that you face difficulty while folding it, in which case it will pose storage as well as carriage problems.
- Check out how compact the stroller is, before as well as after folding. Will it fit inside your vehicle? Do you have enough space to store it in your house?
- Now is the time to check the straps and buckles. They should be easy enough to work. Adjustable straps, which can be made longer when your child grows, are always preferable.
- Finally, it is the time to move around the walker and check it wheels i.e. whether they stay on properly or not. The wheel should be fastened on tightly and also be strong enough to support a growing baby.