High chair forms an important part of the growing-up years of a baby. In fact, toddlers tend to spend a lot of their time sitting on high chairs. High chairs are made with the purpose of raising up babies to your level, making the task of feeding them quite easy. While buying baby high chairs, you must make sure that it is safe, balanced and full of features that would make feeding a pleasant experience for both, you and your baby. In case you are still wondering how to buy a high chair, make use of the tips given in the lines below.
How to Buy a High Chair
- First of all, decide the budget for the chair. There are various types of chair available in the market. The price range which you select would determine the material out of which it is made, along with its features.
- The space where the chair would be placed is an important factor to consider. If your kitchen or dinning space area is small, go for foldable high chairs that require little storage space. In case you have ample space, you can opt for expensive chairs, with great features and suitable for a longer time of usage.
- Ensure the safety features of the chair. The straps should be well in place, to restrain the baby from either climbing out or sliding off the seat. If the chair is a foldable one, make sure that there is no exposure of screws, nuts or bolts. It is also very important to ensure that the chair's hinge mechanisms lock when it's unfolded. The tray should be smooth and there should be ample space between its four legs. It should also rest firmly on the ground and not rock.
- A high chair with a vinyl seat is easy to clean and maintain. Opt for a chair with removable tray. This would assist you in the cleaning process.
- Remember that your baby would be growing very fast. So, the chair you buy should be one that would have a wide seat and be adjustable in height as well.
- Choose a high chair that matches the décor of the room where you want to place it. If the chair is going to move from one room to another, the one with wheels will be best suited.