How many times have you wished to burn that extra fat bulging out of your body? Becoming lean, strong and healthy is the order of the day, but attaining it can be quite taxing, especially if you are not willing to exert the required will-power and be patient. The reason for accumulation of body fat is the consumption of more calories than what the body uses. The best way of burning the surplus fat would be to lower your calorie intake and increase your daily activity levels. Now, are you wondering how to go about doing it? Do not worry, as we have listed tips on how to burn fat effectively, in the following lines, just to help you out.
Best Ways of Burning Fat
- The first step towards burning fat would be to keep a check on your food intake. Do not opt for saturated and trans-fat foods. Instead, make sure you are consuming healthy monounsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats.
- Lower the intake of processed foods and drinks, as they would only add to the fat in your body. Instead, stick to fresh eatables as far as possible.
- Have a cup of green tea, before setting out for a workout. Apart from keeping you energetic, it would also add to your efforts.
- Go for weight training at least two days a week. This would speed up your metabolism, thereby helping you burn the fat. Remember, the more lean muscle tissue you have, the higher your metabolism would be and the more calories you would burn during workout as well as at rest.
- Cardiovascular exercise is one of the best ways of burning fat. Schedule your exercise routine in such a way that you allot 40 minutes for varied aerobic activity, for at least three days.
- Once you have become comfortable with weight training and cardiovascular exercises, it is the time to embark on higher intensity workouts. They would assist you in burning more fat, as compared to the lower intensity ones.
- Instead of continuing a particular exercise for a long time, switch over short periods of low-intensity and high-intensity exercises. For instance, you can walk on the treadmill for about 30 minutes, switch to running for a couple of minutes and follow it with a brisk walk for another 5 minutes.
- Another area of concern would be your daily routine. You need to make it active. For this, you need to throw away the robe of laziness and gear up. Minor activities, like using stairs instead of lift, going for a walk instead of lounging at a café and walking instead of driving, would be beneficial.
- Moderation holds the key for burning fat. Binge on good food once in a while, without worrying about the extra calories, but in moderate amounts. Remember, if you are consuming an increased amount of calories, you need to figure out a way to use them; else they would be stored as additional fat.
- Vouch for 5-6 small meals in a day, rather that having three large meals. Eating in short intervals kicks off the metabolism, making it work faster, thereby helping you burn those extra fats.
- Have a balanced diet. Include lots of protein-rich foods, such as whey and soy proteins, and negative calorie foods, like lemon, asparagus and spinach, in your diet.
- This may come as a surprise to you, but including carbohydrates in your diet helps burn the fat faster. All you need to do is pick the right type of carbs. Complex carbohydrates and whole grains would make the best bet.
- One thing that you should never ever miss out on, while trying to burn fat, is water. H2O plays a major role in weight control and also helps flush metabolic wastes, keeping your metabolism charged up.
- Lastly, do not get obsessed with every food item you have. Train your body in such a way that even if you are binging on the 'prohibited' food category, your body would burn all the extra fat consumed.