Productivity is something which decides the future of the employee in an office. There are umpteen numbers of little things which minimize your productivity. They really can steal your time without making you realize what they do. If you carefully observe your activities in office, you can find out a set of activities which steal your time on a large scale. One can find many ways to avoid the time traps which bug one in office. Read on the article to know how to be more productive at work.
Tips For Being More Productive At Work
- Turn off the instant messenger programs, mobile phones and social networking sites when you work with a deadline. Don't try to answer calls while you work on a hectic work schedule
- Try to limit the distractions and interruption which stop the flow of your work. If you get disturbed by people chatting, tell them politely to talk in a low voice. You shouldn’t get into an argument with them. It would waste more of your time and energy.
- Never keep work in pending for a long time. As time passes by, you will have to make extra effort to finish it off. Plan a time schedule for replying the mails in your inbox.
- Create shortcuts for very important files on your system as it helps you to access the file you want and saves time. For browsing the websites quickly, you should save that web page as ‘favorite’ in your computer.
- You can use a single portable calendar to track down all your scheduled programs, deadlines and appointments.
- Plan and execute a smart working pattern to start and complete the given task in a certain time. You can increase the speed of your work gradually and can maximize the amount of your work and can even make the schedule tight.
- It is very important to organize yourself for being more productive at work. It is a fact that a cluttered workplace adversely affects the productivity. You should spend a little time to organize files, tools and other equipments on your desk. Keep important papers in labeled folders.
- Write your presentation points for being very brief and effective in conferences and always try to stay within the allotted time. You should always be punctual and prepared. Learn your points thoroughly for making the right impact in the conference.
- You should use easy and advanced softwares to do your work. Advanced softwares make man's work easier by providing your more options. Set aside some time to learn the use of all the toolbars in the new softwares.
- Write down all important information such as, attendees, date, time, program agenda and action items when taking notes. This can help you keep yourself very sure about what should be done.
- Get an experienced management person to take classes for your team in organizational techniques and time management. Read various books about productive business communication and note down the point in your personal diary or laptop.
- You should take little breaks from the work. Working continuously brings monotony and adversely affects productivity. Short breaks help you to remain focused. A short walk or a chat with a friend in your office will minimize the stress and you will be working with more energy after that.