The knack of parenting does not come easily. It comes with a detailed course of action that is to be followed regularly. It also requires a great deal of planning and scheduling the next day’s routine. The morning alarm signals the start of a race for most of the parents. The children are to be fed and dressed, sent to school. Then it’s the turn of the parents to eat, dress and set off to the office, for a long’s days work. It is better to make your mornings a smooth drive rather than a mad dash. Schedule and start off a routine when the kids are still young. This will prepare your children to assist you in the growing years. Explore this article to know tips on how to avoid being rushed in the morning and route your day to a smooth, calm and joyful beginning.
Tips To Avoid The Morning Rush
- Prepare all the clothes and outfits for yourself and your children before hitting the pillow.
- Set out shoes, hair accessories, gloves, coats, etc. in the night, to breeze out the process of getting ready in the morning.
- Designate one place to keep your keys, wallet and cell phones and make a habit of keeping them at that place only.
- Charge your cell phones the night before, to avoid rushing in the morning.
- Pack your children’s bags in the night. Put in their lunch money, papers, notebooks and other supplies in the night itself. In case any forms are to be filled in, fill them up before going to bed and do not leave them for the morning.
- Prepare the office briefcase in the evening, to save time and the frustration of searching for the things in the morning.
- Pen down all the necessary things to do on a sticky note, to reminder you of the same in the morning.
- Set your alarm 15 minutes before the regular time. This will give you more time to do the necessities and make you fell less hurried.
- Get up early and before the rest of family members, to clear up your head. This will enable you to start the day with a few peaceful and quiet moments and help you tackle the needs of others.
- Start your morning with some upbeat music to keep you on your toes.
- Pen down the duties and divide them among the family members. Discuss the short-cuts to ease the burden of time constraints.
- Lack of sleep will make you sluggish and not help getting up in the morning. Be sure that you and your family members are well-rested by calling the night early. Remember “Early to bed, early to rise makes a person healthy and wise”.
- Have your children get up at different times, in case one of them has a habit of staggering in the bathroom. This will help manage each child’s routine and keep everyone move along and keep the pace.