Age spots are harmless and unappealing dark spots that occur on the forehead and the back of neck, feet, hands, and arms. These spots occur in people who are at the wrong side of 50 and also those who have an overexposure to the sun. Though age spots mostly occur in people who have left their middle-age behind, they are more of a sign of overexposure to sun, than an indicator of age. Age spots can, therefore, be considered as ‘adult freckles’ that rarely appear before middle age. However, these dark, blotchy spots can be a concern for people, because not only are they ugly and scary looking, but also give you an unglamorous look by marring your skin. What usually happens is that, due to age, your skin loses its strength to recover from sun damage and this results in the proliferation of spots. This is more serious in people with fair skin. So, appropriate remedies must be taken to counter these spots. To help you in this regard, we have listed some useful tips on how to avoid age spots.
Tips To Prevent Age Spots
- Lemon Juice acts as bleach and is a regular component of many fairness and bleaching creams.
- It must be applied at the age spots twice a day.
- Use lemon juice daily for 6 to 8 weeks.
Onion & Apple Cider Vinegar
- Blend an onion and drain it with the help of strainer in a bowl.
- Mix an equal amount of apple cider vinegar to the onion mixture.
- Soak a cotton ball and apply over the spots.
- Apply this regularly for 5 to 6 months.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it.
- To refine the taste, add a teaspoon of honey.
Aloe Vera Juice
- Rub aloe Vera juice directly on the spots to get rid of them.
- Wash off after sometime.
- Castor oil proves very effective in smoothening the rough texture of age spots.
- Apply twice a day, for a couple of months.
Olive Oil & Vinegar
- Mix a spoon of vinegar with a spoon of olive oil.
- Apply it to the spots and wash after half an hour.
- Apply cucumber slices or cucumber juice on the spots.
- Regular use proves very effective.
- Grate raw papaya and apply it to the affacted area.
- Wash it after a few minutes.
- Applying raw papaya daily effectively removes the raw spots.
Orange Juice & Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix half a spoon of apple cider vinegar with three spoons orange juice.
- Apply this mixture on the spots.
- For better results, apply this daily for a month.
Butter Milk &Tomato
- Mix buttermilk and tomato juice
- Apply the mixture over the age spots.
- Grind a piece of garlic to a fine paste and apply on the affected area.
- This traditional remedy is very efficient in treating age spots.
- The stem of dandelion is very effective in curing several skin problems.
- Consuming the stem everyday helps reduce age spots.
Radish, Vinegar, Lime Juice & Rosemary Oil
- Make a concoction of limejuice, radish, rosemary oil, and vinegar.
- Apply this over the spots.
- It is very effective in clearing the skin and brightening it up.
Rose Water & Sandalwood Powder
- Make a paste of sandalwood powder and rose water.
- Apply it as a mask over the age spots.
- Leave the paste to dry and then wash with water.
- This is quite effective in removing the spots.
- Staying in the shade reduces the problem of age spots.So, keep away from the sun as much as possible, to keep the spots at bay.
- While going out in the sun, UV ray blocking skin and face creams are a must. Existing spots will become more visible, and new spots will continue to develop unless you minimize sun exposure.