With two people coming close in a relationship, both of them want to know what their relationship is built upon — Love or Lust. To answer this question, first of all we should know that what is the difference between love and lust? Love is a pure feeling with lots of care and bit possessiveness too; while lust is an intense longing for someone. Read the given definitions describing love and lust and contemplate a bit to find out, whether your relationship is based on love or lust.
How To Tell The Difference Between Love And Lust
- Love is a strong affection for that other person and when two people put the happiness of each other ahead of their own desires, it is a true love. While love is deep, profound and infinite, lust on the other hand is a temporary longing for a person which fades away as soon as the physical desires are met.
- Love is an emotion driven by a feeling of sacrifice for the happiness of that other person. It is a complete surrender of your heart to him/her. A true love does not look for reciprocation. Lust, on the contrary, is a trivial feeling and a one dimensional craving for carnal desires.
- When the two persons share a relationship based upon mutual respect and understanding, it is love. In a lusty relationship, there is no respect for each other and the arguments often end with ugly scene on the both parts.
- A relationship completely based upon pure love continues to survive through all ups and downs with both parties making efforts to keep things on the right track, though a lusty relationship is short lived as both parties start looking for other people to satisfy their needs very soon.
- The most noticeable difference between a pure and lusty relation is that the latter begins with much more passion. It dies as soon as misunderstandings begin to surface as neither is willing to invest time and emotions in the relationship. However, a person in love has a compromising and a selfless attitude, and a willingness to sacrifice for each other.
How to Know That It Is Lust
- A person can feel love, infatuation and lust all at once, to some degree. But if it always her/his body and looks that you end up with, it is a feeling of intense lust.
- If two of you argue a lot and then don't make any conscious efforts to patch afterwards, your relationship is merely based upon lust.
- You don't like to share your deepest feelings with him/her and avoid talking or meeting with that person until you get horny again, it is not love.