Majority of cough syrups that are available in the market lead to drowsiness when consumed. As people suffering from cough cannot afford to feel drowsy during their working hours, the researchers came up with an effective ingredient - honey - to cure the ailment. The sweet fluid has been used as one of the key ingredients in a number of medicines, including cough syrups. The best part of such syrup is that it has no side effects, when used to treat cough. An effective honey cough syrup can be made at home as well. Are you wondering how? Go through the following lines and find easy recipes for homemade honey cough syrup.
Honey Cough Syrup Recipes
With Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Frozen Fruit Concentrate (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix honey and lemon juice.
- Blend the mixture well, with the help of a spoon.
- You can add frozen fruit concentrate, for flavor.
- While stirring the mixture, add the warm water into it, slowly.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Store it in a glass bottle.
- Consume the syrup two to three times a day, to cure cough.
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Onion Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice with the juice of onion.
- Add a small amount of water and blend well.
- Heat the mixture, slightly above the lukewarm temperature.
- When the mixture it about to reach its boiling point, turn off the flame.
- Take the mixture off the flame. Before it cools down, add honey and stir well. This will form the syrup.
- Keep the cough syrup aside for 6 hours, before consuming it.
- Have one teaspoon of the honey cough syrup at least two times a day.
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Water
- Grind chopped ginger in mixer, to form a thick paste.
- In a small bowl, mix the ginger paste with black pepper powder.
- Add vinegar and honey to the mixture and stir well.
- Add water to the mixture, to form concentrated syrup.
- Set the syrup aside for a couple of hours.
- Drink one to two teaspoon of the syrup thrice a day, to get rid of cough.