Come winter time and your hands start getting dry and chapped. Those long fingers, that were the envy of your friends in summers, now seem to have become extremely rough and parched. How you long for those soft and beautiful hands once again! But the price of hand lotions in the market seems to be skyrocketing. What to do now? We are here to provide the best solution to your problem, which does not involve much money and has almost the same results as any expensive lotion in the market. We are talking about homemade lotion, which does not require you to dole out too much money and can be made as per your preferences as well. Read on further and explore some simple recipes for homemade hand lotion.
How to Make Hand Lotion
- 3/4 cup Apricot or Almond Oil
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil or Cocoa Butter
- 1 tsp Lanolin
- 1/2 oz Grated Beeswax
- 2/3 cup Rosewater
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 1-2 drops Rose Oil
- 1 Vitamin E Capsule
- Microwave-safe Bowl
- Plastic Bowl
- Plastic Jar, with lid
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and put apricot or almond oil, coconut oil or cocoa butter, lanolin and beeswax in it.
- Now, turn on the microwave and put it on low heat.
- Keep the bowl, containing ingredients, in the microwave.
- Take out the bowl after all the ingredients have melted properly.
- Mix all the ingredients and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- While the mixture is cooling down, mix together rosewater, aloe vera gel and rose oil in a bowl.
- Break the vitamin E capsule and add its contents to the rose-water mixture.
- Add the rose-water mixture to the one made before (in the microwave).
- Keep whipping the ingredients together, until you feel that the consistency of the mixture is almost like butter-cream frosting.
- Pour the lotion in a jar, cover with lid and keep it in the refrigerator.
Honey & Banana Lotion
- 1 Banana
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Lemon (squeezed)
- 1 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana and add one teaspoon of honey to it. Mix well.
- To this paste, add the lemon juice and the butter and blend until you get a smooth and even paste.
- Put this paste inside a container and use this to massage your hand with firm and brisk strokes.
- Leave this paste on for a period of about 2 hours, till it dries off completely.
- Wash off and see your hands become soft and smooth.
Honey & Almond Lotion
- 2 ounces Honey
- 4 ounces Lanolin
- 2 ounces Almond Oil
- This homemade hand lotion works best for dry skin and gives instant results. It is particularly useful in the winter season and leaves your skin feeling smooth and pampered.
- In a double boiler, melt the honey and add the lanolin. Mix properly.
- Remove from the heat and allow the paste to cool for some time.
- When the paste has cooled down completely, add the almond oil and keep stirring.
- You can also add perfume of your own choice, if you want to.