Exfoliation or scrubbing is a process by which skin gets rid of dry, rough, and peeling outer layer that gets blocked with dirt. This is generally due to exposure to extremes of condition. Homemade natural body scrubs are the best resorts to help you clear the skin from impurities, thereby allowing it to breathe. Some people have very sensitive skin and using homemade body scrubs minimizes any reaction to the same. These body scrubs have three basic components in their content - exfoliators, carrier oils, and essential oils. While carrier oil gives elasticity and a soft shine to the skin, the essential oils stimulate and refresh, adding fragrance and healing to the whole process. In the following lines, we provide you with recipes for homemade body scrubs.
Homemade Body Scrubs Recipes
Sea Salt Body Scrub
- 1 cup Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Grape-Seed, Hazelnut, Or Almond Oil
- 10 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 10 drops Juniper Essential Oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly, so that everything is well blended.
- Dampen your skin. Apply the mixture and massage it well. First, deal with the tough, rough, thickened areas of the body, such as the feet and elbows.
- Wash your skin and feel the tenderness.
- Use this scrub once a week.
Almond and Bran Scrub
- 1/2 cup Very Finely Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup Coarse Wheat Bran
- 1 cup Hot Green Tea
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine the almonds, bran and tea and blend them, to form a smooth paste.
- Add the lavender essential oil, thoroughly blending the mixture.
- Spread this mixture on your body and massage well.
- Wash your body for a smooth feel.
- You can use this scrub once a week.
Oats & Buttermilk Scrub
- ½ liter Buttermilk
- ½ cup Oats
- Lemon Juice
- Warm Water
- The first step would be to pour half a cupful of oats into a medium sized bowl.
- Now, add buttermilk to it. In case you do not have buttermilk, you can also add beaten curd of the same amount.
- Mix the mixture until it gets a pasty consistency.
- Now, refrigerate the mixture for about two hours.
- Apply this paste all over the body, right from the neck to the arms, torso and legs. Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Now, rinse it off with warm water, containing lemon juice.
Tomato & Rice
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 cup Rice
- The first step would be to soak the rice in water for about half and hour.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes and puree them.
- Once the rice has been soaked, grind it until it forms a coarse mixture.
- Now, mix the tomato puree with the grinded coarse rice.
- Apply this paste all over the body and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Now, rinse off with warm water. The scrub works well for people with oily skin.