Yellowing of teeth could be due to a number of factors such as lack of proper oral hygiene, smoking (nicotine deposits on teeth), and so on. However, some people have naturally yellowish teeth, which is not a defect per se. It is just that the outer layer of teeth is not mineralized properly in some people. Those who consume foods with color imparting properties, such as tea, coffee, soda and berries in excess, also have a yellow tinge to their teeth. In case you are one of those who have yellow teeth and want to know some simple and natural home remedies for getting rid of the same, follow the article.
Teeth Whitening Home Remedies
- Baking soda works very well as a teeth whitener. Use baking soda with your toothpaste and brush normally. Rinse your mouth with water, after you have brushed the teeth properly.
- Take a small capful of peroxide and gargle with it. Then, brush your teeth normally and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Mix charcoal ash with your toothpaste and brush your teeth for about 10 minutes with it. Ash contains a powerful crystal based chemical, which is an effective stain remover. The point to remember is that only hard wood ash contains a high concentration of potassium hydroxide, which works as a teeth whitener.
- To remove spots and stains from your teeth, you can also rub the bark of walnut tree on them.
- Eating an apple after meals is the easiest method to avoid yellowing of teeth. Other fruits like celery and carrots are also helpful in scrubbing the teeth and ridding them of stains effectively
- After consuming any food or beverages, like coffee and blueberries, that cause stains, drink a glass of water. Water will not allow the stains to accumulate.
- Rubbing the teeth with the inner part of orange peel also make them appear white and shiny.
- Strawberries have natural teeth whitening properties. Rub strawberries on your teeth to clean yellow stains. If you are employing this method on your teeth, make sure you follow it up with brushing them immediately with fluoride toothpaste and floss. Otherwise, the sugar and acid present in strawberries can worsen the condition of your teeth.
- Brushing your teeth with apple cider vinegar every night is also a good remedy to keep them sparkling white.
- Make a paste of bi-carbonate and soda and then apply on your teeth. Do not forget to rinse thoroughly.
- Add baking soda to your toothpaste and mix well. Spread this paste on an aluminum foil and cover the teeth with the foil. Allow it to remain on the teeth for about an hour. Brush the teeth normally after removing the foil. Repeat this process twice a week, for maximum results.
- Crush one lemon and pour the juice in a small cup. Add one tsp salt to this mixture, so that it contains 3/4 lemon juice and 1/4 salt. Mix, until the salt is dissolved in lemon juice. Put the mixture in your mouth for a minute and take care not to ingest it. Spit out the mixture after a minute and brush your teeth normally, to remove any salt and acid residue. You can follow the process twice a week, provided you do not have very sensitive teeth.