Red scars can occur from picking acne blemishes, scraping or from illnesses like chicken and small pox. You can spend sums of money to get rid of your ugly red scars through different methods, like dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, collagen injections and laser treatment. However, these methods come with a lot of complications and possibly, long-term side effects. Thus, people look up to various natural remedies to get rid of the red scars. Home remedies red scar work well and are much safer than the other treatments. They are not only less costly, but safer and in many cases as effective as surgical processes performed at a physician’s clinic. To know the different home remedies to treat red scars, explore this article further.
How To Get Rid Of Red Scars
- Mix a palmful of baking soda with enough water to form a paste. Spread the paste on the red scars. Let the paste sit on the skin for around 2 to 3 minutes, thereafter gently massage with fingertips. Rinse well with water. Baking soda helps in sloughing off scarred skin cells, treating scars that appear inflamed and also reducing redness.
- Olive oil hydrates the skin and reduces redness in the scarred areas. Rub five drops of olive oil onto the red and scarred skin twice a day. Applying olive oil daily will soften and smooth the skin and eliminate red areas.
- Calamine lotion reduces redness and dries up blisters caused by chicken pox, poison ivy and shingles. Dip a cotton swab in the lotion and dab it over the affected areas gently. Leave it for about 2 hours and rinse off with water thereafter. It reduces redness in scars and can be applied several times a day and even left overnight.
- Apply cucumber juice, using a cotton swab, to the affected areas to reduce red acne scars. It can be applied after intervals of 20 minutes also.
- Rosehip seed oil is also very effective in treating red scars. Apply it directly to the affected areas, just like cucumber juice.
- Potato juice also removes acne scars, as it contains potassium, sulfur, phosphorus and chlorine. Use a raw potato only, as it contains live organic atoms in this state.
- Cut a tomato into half and rub it on your face. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash it with warm water.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of sandalwood and 1 teaspoon of rose water to a paste. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to the paste and mix. Apply this on your red acne gently. Wash off after 15 minutes. Sandalwood improves the skin complexion, while yoghurt and rose water soothe the skin. Turmeric powder has anti-bacterial properties and heals skin.
- To the above mixture, you can also add the juice of a fresh lemon and apply on your skin. Let dry for 15 minutes. Take some sugar granules and rub the paste off your skin. Lemon will lighten your scars by getting rid of the existing skin layer.