Do you tend to sweat even without any vigorous physical labor? Do your friends twitch their nose every time you reach out to them? Does spraying deodorants do little to beat your body odor? If your answers to all the above questions are ‘yes’, then chances are that you might be suffering from axillary hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating of underarms. While sweating is good for your body, excessive sweating is the last thing you can ask for. Sweating is body’s natural way of maintaining its normal temperature and is just as common as breathing and sleeping. However, excessive sweating of underarms is an embarrassing phenomenon that can be highly annoying at times. Many of us with this suffering are often clueless on how to deal with sweaty arms. What’s worse, the condition is resistant to most deodorants! If you are one of those few people suffering from this annoying and embarrassing problem, take a chill pill as there are tried and tested means to bring this problem to an end. While taking regular baths and spraying deodorants may do little to help your condition, sticking to a few home remedies can help you say good-bye to sweaty arms for good. Check out some natural tips to treat sweaty underarms.
Natural Remedies For Excessive Armpit Sweating
- You may be well aware of the many wonders that tomato does for your skin and eyes, but did you know that the good old tomato juice helps to check excessive sweating too? Just squeeze out tomato juice and drink it everyday, for one whole week and experience the difference. Once the sweating goes down considerably, try drinking tomato juice, once in every alternate day for lasting results.
- Sage tea is considered to be an excellent remedy against excessive sweating. If drunk two to four times a day, sage tea can prove useful to control your underarm sweating. You can also use tea bags to dip you hands and feet. Also, sage can be consumed by mixing it with liquid chlorophyll and then adding it to your favorite fruit juice.
- Using apple cider vinegar, honey and even lime juice can rid you off your embarrassing sweating problem. Just brew a little of the ingredients together and consume three times a day. Apple cider vinegar helps to flush toxins out of your system, thereby controlling sweating. You can also apply a mix of apple cider vinegar and honey directly on your underarms and leave it overnight for better results.
- If your deodorant does little to save you from smelling like a pig, switching to an alum based deodorant may be of help. Alum helps to cut down on sweating and also reduces body odor. You can also rub the alum crystals on your armpit to curb sweating.
- We often do not realize, but what we eat can go a long way to determine how we smell. Consuming spices, garlic and onion can actually worsen your problem, if you are prone to excessive sweating. Eat more natural and fiber rich diet to overcome sweating problem. Also, overweight people tend to sweat more. In that case, losing a few kilos will not only make you look and feel good, it will also cut down on your sweating problem and odor.
- No matter what you do, nothing excels in curbing body sweat like water. Consuming water keeps the body toxin levels in check, thereby reducing odor in your sweat. So, before you get down to the bottles of deodorant to check your perspiration, don’t forget to gulp gallons of water.
- You can also use cotton pads to alleviate your sweating and kill the odor. Just soak cotton wool pads in baking soda mixed with lemon juice and dab it on your underarms. Not only will it curb the odor and reduce sweating, it will leave you with a clean, fresh, tingly feeling all day long.
- If you are one of those few people who tend to sweat a lot, wearing cotton clothes may help. Cotton allows enough air inside and helps to evaporate sweat. Its airy feel keeps you high and dry for hours. Avoid using heavy fabrics as they might aggravate your condition.