The inner ear, the outer ear, and the middle ear constitute the complex structure of the ear. The back of the throat and the nose is connected to the middle ear by the Eustachian tube, through which the fluid drains out through the throat. Sometimes due to a variety of reasons, the tube gets blocked and stops functioning. This results in the accumulation of the fluid in the middle ear that leads to infection. The main reason for the blockage of this tube can be due to cold, flu, and various types of allergies. These infections can also be very painful and if they persistsfor a couple of days then medical advice should be sought, otherwise there is a great chance of it leading to deafness. Ear infection is particularly common in children and swimmers. Another type of ear infection is known as the ‘swimmer’s ear’ which infects the ear canal. This is most commonly prevalent among the adults. Generally mild infections last only for a couple of days and so proper medications must be taken to tide over the irritations. The best of course is the various remedies that are available in your kitchen. These home remedies not only save you from the pain but also rid you of the infections. To know more, go through the article below for the various home remedies for ear infections.
Natural Remedies For Ear Infections
- To eliminate the fungus, which causes the ear infection, mix one part of apple cider vinegar with one part of water. Take a cotton ball and soak it in the solution. Now, plug your ear with the cotton ball and keep it for 5 minutes. Tip the head to drain the ear and dry it as much as possible. Apple cider vinegar is very good for fungal infections like swimmer’s ear.
- Another effective home remedy for ear infections is tea tree oil. This should be used only if it is a bacterial infection. Mix one part of tea tree oil with one part of water and using a dropper, drop the solution into the ear. Leave it for 5 minutes before tipping the head and draining. Tea tree oil can be used to treat various types of ear infections.
- Garlic is also very good in killing the bacteria in the ear. Take a few drops of garlic extract and apply it to the ear to stop the pain as well as the infection. It is especially beneficial if you use the extract two to three times a day, daily. After applying the garlic extract, allow it to set for 3 to 5 minutes and then tilt the head to drain and dry.
- Apply a couple of drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the ear and leave for 10 minutes.
- Onion is also another effective home remedy for curing ear infections. Take onion juice and heat it till warm. Now apply a couple of drops in the ear and after sometime drain.
- Pluck a few tender mango leaves and then crush or grind them to take out the juice. Warm this juice a little and then put three to four drops into each ear.
- You can also put 1 to 2 drops of warm olive oil into each ear to cure the irritation as a result of ear infection.
- Heat half a teaspoonful of sesame oil and add half a clove of garlic to it. Cool it till warm and then put a few drops into the ear. Keep for 15 minutes and then drain.
- Warm mustard oil is also very effective in reducing the chances of ear infections.
- Take 1 tablespoon of almond carrier oil, 2 drops of lavender essential oil, 2 drops of chamomile oil, and 3 drops of tea tree essential oil. Heat this mixture till warm and then apply two drops into the ear. Do this thrice a day, daily for the best results.