Having a pet calls in for a greater responsibility on the part of their owners. A pet needs to be taken care of just like a small kid. Any mistake on part of their owners can lead to initiation of several health problems in the pets. One of the best ways to ensure a healthy and sound life for your dog would be to take immense care on the food it consumes. The pet food available in the market contains added color, additives and preservatives. These ‘dog’s fast food’ can lead to many allergies in your dog, including grain intolerance and several digestive problems. Therefore, it is better for the pet owners to shift the diet of their canine friend to a more holistic and homemade one. This article will provide you with homemade dog food recipes that you can prepare at home.
Homemade Holistic Dog Food Recipes
Raw Meat Mix
- 1 lb Raw Ground Meat
- 2-4 oz Raw Organ Meat
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Ground or Pureed Vegetables
- 3 Eggs, with shells
- 1 tbsp Ground Kelp
- Handful of Parsley
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- Chop, puree or leave all ingredients in large chunks, depending on your dog’s preference.
- Mix all the ingredients well and store it in refrigerator or freezer for a few hours.
- Serve chilled.
Beef Or Lamb Stew For Dogs
- 2 pints Chicken or Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 lb low-fat Beef or Lamb
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Celery Sticks
- Take a saucepan and pour olive oil into it. Cook the meat, until it gets brown.
- Stew the meat in broth for 45 min. Now, add vegetables and cover.
- Simmer and let it cook for 45 min or till it gets soft. Cool it and serve.
Salmon & Pasta For Dogs
- 1 Salmon Steak or any other Fish Fillet
- ½ cup cooked Pasta
- 1 to 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth (Unsalted)
- ½ cup Steamed Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Spinach etc)
- Saute or cook salmon steaks in a frying pan for 5 min with olive oil.
- Cook pasta and add to salmon in the pan with chicken broth and veggies.
- Simmer for 10 min and serve after it cools down.
Chicken And Rice For Dogs
- 1 cup Chicken
- 4 tbsp unsalted Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Brown Rice, cooked
- ½ cup Steamed Mixed Vegetables
- Green Peas and Beans
- Boil the chicken and add to the cooked rice.
- Steam the vegetables and add them to the rice and chicken mixture.
- Then, add broth and leave together to simmer for 10 min.
- Let it cool down, before feeding the dog.