This holiday season forget the beaches, buffets and beer and hit the patio or the pool deck and chill out with some tantalizing holiday punch to get your spirits kicking. Punches are the ideal drink when looking for something refreshing and truly thirst-quenching to down and needless to say, they pack a kick too. What better holiday feeling than to slug on the porch on a lazy summer afternoon, sample some punch and watch the world go by? Pack a punch this holiday season and get a real high. Now if you don’t wish to get sloshed, a non-alcoholic punch can save you from feeling zonked out. Now you don’t really need to take a lesson or two from a bartender to pack a real punch. All you need to do is get hold of some juices and rack the bar for your favorite booze and get started. After all it’s any day a better bet than emptying your wallet on a pony keg. Just sample the idea of floating cherries or strawberry slices swimming in a pool of delicious punch packed in cut-crystal bowls. If the idea of delectable punch has already got you drooling by now, checking out these simple recipes on how to pack your homemade punch in no time.
Easy Holiday Punch Recipes
Holiday Cheer Mimosa
- Champagne (chilled)
- Orange juice cocktail (chilled)
- Chill the champagne flutes beforehand and fill it half-way with orange juice cocktail.
- Fill the rest of the flute with champagne.
- Stir gently and serve.
Tequila Sunrise Punch
- 4 cups Tequila
- Three 750ml bottles Sauterne
- One 750-ml bottle Champagne
- Sugar Syrup
- 8 cups Watermelon cubes
- Ice cubes
- Take a large punch bowl and pour all the ingredients in it.
- Add the sugar syrup as per your taste and preference and stir well.
- Take a punch glass and add 2-3 pieces of fruit and ice cubs to it and pour the punch.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.
Rosy Champagne Punch
- Two 10-ounce packages of Frozen Sweetened Strawberries
- Two 750-ml Rose Wine
- 1 ½ Cups Lemon Juice
- Sugar Syrup
- Three 750-ml Champagne
- Ice cubes
- Chill all the ingredients sufficiently.
- In a blender, take the strawberries and add a little rose wine to it and blend till pureed.
- In a separate bowl, take the lemon juice and add sugar syrup to it.
- In a punch bowl, take all the ingredients and mix well.
- Just before you serve the punch, fill half champagne flute with the fruit punch and pour champagne on top.
- Garnish with strawberries and serve chilled.
Exotic Rum Punch
- 8 cups Guava Nectar
- 6 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 cups Coconut Cream
- 3 cups Malibu Rum
- In a large punch bowl, add the guava nectar, pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, coconut cream and Malibu rum and stir well.
- Take the punch glasses and fill it with ice cubes.
- Pour out the punch and garnish with tropical fruits or herbs.
Tangy Citrus Punch
- 2 cups Cold Water
- 6 ounces Orange Juice Concentrate
- 6 ounces Grapefruit Juice Concentrate
- 1l Sparkling Water
- Chill all the ingredients before use.
- Now take all the ingredients- water, orange juice concentrate and grapefruit juice concentrate in a large punch bowl and mix well.
- Just before you serve your punch add the sparkling water to it.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and orange slices, pour the punch and garnish with mint leaves.