While no one can question the fact that smoking is injurious to health, no one can also dispute that once started it is very hard to quit, or stop for a significant length of time. Due to the difficulty in quitting, smokers don’t even try it as after a quitting phase when they start again, they start with a vengeance. Even if you stop smoking for a few days you will be assailed by a host of withdrawal symptoms that will make it even harder to bear. The various options available like nicotine patches are of little help, as they do not work on reducing the addiction of nicotine. To quit smoking is more difficult than, say, quitting drinking. This is because unlike drinks, which have stigma, price, and cost to contend with, smoking is not burdened with any such. All this does not mean that it is impossible to quit smoking. However, you should proceed in the path with a strong determination and a good formula, so that you do not have to return back from the path half way. The best way, perhaps, is to use herbal remedies to help you stop this stubborn habit. Like in treating every kind of diseases and disorders, herbal remedies are very effective in helping you quit smoking. So, if you want to quit smoking then go through the article below for herbal remedies to quit smoking.
Herbal Remedies To Quit Smoking
- The lobelia herb is very effective in substantially reducing the nicotine addiction. The herb has a substance called lobeline that acts as a substitute for nicotine. Since it is a toxic herb, excessive use of it, can be toxic to the health. It has the same properties as nicotine but without its addictiveness.
- Many researchers believe that wild oats are very effective in curbing the addiction among smokers. It is also very good in treating the symptoms of stopping smoking like insomnia, anxiety, and nervousness.
- To control the damage caused by smoking the herb Centella Asiatica is very good. It not only improves the blood circulation but also strengthens the memory.
- To suppress the natural desire of smoking, the herb Garcinia Cambogia is very effective.
- A tea made from the herb of Mimosa is very effective in controlling the after effects of quitting smoking like anxiety and headache. Drinking Mimosa tea regularly will prevent people from going back to smoking again.
- Korean Ginseng is a natural stress buster that is very effective in helping people quit smoking. It provides relief to the body to deal with the absence of nicotine.
- An herb that works as a sedative and helps in quitting smoking is the Valerian herb. This herb helps in controlling the anxiety, stress, and insomnia and also acts as muscle relaxant. As such it can be used by people who want to control their smoking.
- The herb, St. John Wort, brings in a positive mental attitude, which is the main requirement to quit smoking.
- To control the smoking withdrawal symptoms, the hyssop herb is found to have beneficial properties. It alleviates the anxiety and the hysteria that a person feels after quitting smoking.
- The Chinese Cao Su herb reduces the desire to smoke.
- The Motherwort herb induces tranquility and relieves the anxiety that develops after quitting smoking.
- Some other herbs that can be of immense help in quitting smoking are Garcinia Cambogia, Gotu Cola, Skullcap, Parrot's Beak, Willow, Oregon Grape Root, Goldenseal, and Blue Vervain.